Haven't been on UG in quite a while, and haven't really written anything since. So to help get back into it, I've gone through some of my old stuff and this is the only one that stood out as passable. I changed some things and put some chords to it. Hope you like it!

Oh, and don't be gentle, be as blunt as possible please.

I Love the Night

em
I hate the sun
Asus2
it beats down my back
em
and i hate the sun
Asus2
its done no good for me yet
em
and i hate the sun
Asus2
when will it end
em
and i hate the sun
Asus2
the nighttime is my friend
_________
C
It's not the sweat if fear
Dsus2 em
It's the burn I feel
C
The moon don't shine so bright
Dsus2 em
and i know that it's just right
C
Ill take my time
Dsus2 em
When it's right
C
And I'll love the sun
Dsus2 em
When it's not so bright
_________
em
I went away
Asus2
When the sun come round
em
And Im here to stay
Asus2
When the moon come out
em
I know it all
Asus2
But i tried and failed
em
And I saw the sun
Asus2
But I was still scared
_________

C
It's not the sweat if fear
Dsus2 em
It's the burn I feel
C
The moon don't shine so bright
Dsus2 em
and i know that it's just right
C
Ill take my time
Dsus2 em
When it's right
C
And I'll love the sun
Dsus2 em
When it's not so bright
em
But I love the night
"For me it's important to be in balance. To not let fear get in the way of things, to not worry so much about protecting yourself all the time."

"Muskrats live in my wah wah pedal."

-John Frusciante-
Last edited by JFisJC at Oct 13, 2013,
It's kind of hard to get an idea, without a sort of indication of rhythm to the chords. Having the lyrics helps a little.

I like the: "It's not the sweat if fear, It's the burn I feel" Although I don't like the lines that follow it "The moon don't shine so bright, and i know that it's just right"

The reason I say having the rhythm and even better vocal notes written or a recording; it's hard because at first glance those lyrics seem sort of like a little poem you'd read in elementary school but, at the same time you'll hear very wishy-washy almost corny lyrics in songs and it'll sound great, when they're paired with the right rhythms, accents and what not.

Just having the chords is sort of like having a cake or jello mix with just your ingredients mixed in, you have the basic flavor but until you bake or freeze it, it lacks body.

Anyway, just my thoughts, good luck to you.