Page 1 of 2
So it's getting cold recently and winter's on the way and I'm wondering what you guys wear to battle the elements?

I have pretty much no winter clothing and I'm thinking of getting some Dr Martens/thick soled Chelsea boots, peacoat/overcoat and tons of jumpers. Also need to get basics like thick socks, gloves, scarf. I'm pretty much screwed for cold weather and snow atm.
You'll defo need the thick socks for the first weeks if you're getting a pair of DM's
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by cha33 armstrong
You'll defo need the thick socks for the first weeks if you're getting a pair of DM's

Aye I've heard about them being hell for the first few weeks. I actually hated DM's for ages but tbh they seem really practical for walking in shitty conditions.
I usually layer the upper body, so t-shirt, hoody/jumper, coat/jacket, then gloves and walking boots if the terrain's a bit snowy or icy.

EDIT: Obviously, no lower body clothing.
signature
Last edited by Bullet-Rule at Oct 13, 2013,
T-shirt > shirt > jumper > coat

Boxers > jeans

3 pairs of socks > vans
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by guitarxo
ha ha ha ha ha I don't have to worry about winter

I like this coat though

Yeah but winter clothing is the best, layering's awesome. I think I would go insane if it was warm all year round

Atm for me it's t-shirt, buttoned up shirt, jumper, mac/bomber. Then some denim and crappy chelsea or desert boots.
Last edited by Duffman123 at Oct 13, 2013,
Quote by cha33 armstrong
T-shirt > shirt > jumper > coat

Boxers > jeans

3 pairs of socks > vans

Do you live in the antartic region by any chance?
Quote by Duffman123
Yeah but winter clothing is the best, layering's awesome. I think I would go insane if it was warm all year round

Atm for me it's t-shirt, buttoned up shirt, jumper, mac/bomber. Then some denim and crappy chelsea or desert boots.

I think it looks nice but it's a pain to layer everything all the time.
cat
I recently purchased a jacket that looks kind of like this-

It's fairly light, but also really warm, and it's waterproof, which is useful. I also have a heavier jacket that i will need to start wearing soon, and i also have a jacket that is kind of like a parka except without the hood. I need to buy a scarf and some gloves, even though i buy some every year, i always lose them. A sweater could be handy as well.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I love winter clothing! I have like 15 different scarves.
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
Quote by guitarxo
ha ha ha ha ha I don't have to worry about winter

I like this coat though

That coat is really cute.

I fancy getting a red duffel coat this year. I generally do loads of layering anyway. Wooly socks and boots are my favourite.
The long black coat Malcolm Tucker wears on The Thick of It. In fact, grey suit, white shirt, dark red tie and that coat is what I wear to sixth form in winter.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by donender

It's fairly light, but also really warm, and it's waterproof, which is useful. I also have a heavier jacket that i will need to start wearing soon, and i also have a jacket that is kind of like a parka except without the hood. I need to buy a scarf and some gloves, even though i buy some every year, i always lose them. A sweater could be handy as well.

same. Got it last year, and I love it. It's so warm
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Now that it's winter in England. I normally wear 2 pairs of white cotton socks, long johns, jeans, tshirt, jumper and a massive coat (sometimes a vest underneeth too!)
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Quote by donender

Id that a Fly53 jacket by any chance? I got one last year but it swamps me so I gave it to my brother.

I like the idea of wearing something like this on the milder winter days

And something like this on the really cold day:

I mean obviously I lack the swag and coolness, but I think those are solid winter looks.
don't you guys think your overdressing a bit, you can usually get by with one pair of socks, and just some running shoes (even down to -20 C), if its normal winter weather ( a little below 0 C) I'll wear jeans, one pair of socks, tennis shoes, and then a long sleeve shirt with a short sleeved one over it, then just a hoody or a jacket
I love winter weather. Although the only thing I usually wear is a light columbia jacket.
Sail upon the open skies
After living in Finland for 3 years, going back to England and seeing people wearing like.. 15 layers when it's +5C is ****ing hilarious

Need to get a proper winter clothes line in the UK going. With just my winter coat here, I can go out in -35C with only a t-shirt on underneath.
texas---- tshirt and jeans

outside of texas---- black coat/jacket, a pop up collar thin sweater, thick but fitting dark jeans, and work boots.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by AmalgamOfMeat
I wasn't aware that wearing multiple pairs of socks at once was a thing.

Lol come up to Northern Ontario in the winter. Then you'll feel odd not wearing multiples.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Sweden: button down shirt, jumper, coat, scarf. Jeans. Ordinary socks, woolen socks, boots. Gloves too, of course.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
I have a black pea coat. Other than that, I don't really have many "winter" clothes. I basically dress the same way I do the rest of the year, except that I don't wear shorts when it's cold.

I'll wear a beanie or other warm hat if I have to be outside for an extended period of time.
Quote by WhiskeyFace
I was thinking of getting for this year one of those skiing neckwarmer things that you can pull over your mouth and nose, or just have around your neck.

Should I get one of them or stick with a scarf?

Scarf looks nicer, but if you're not worried about looks then do whatever you like.
During the winter I just wear a hoodie/gloves/hat and some kinda snow boots my gf got me, nothing special really. Where I live is nicknamed "Little Alaska" so we get a shitload of snow.
Today was the first day I wore my winter coat. Wind chill temperature was 1 degrees.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Some kind of serious boot... I wear waterproof Timberlands like this:

but anything that will keep your feet dry and warm (and can handle and extra layer or two of socks). You might want to make sure they have good grip, too.

I usually wear a fleece under some kind of wind/waterproof jacket. Hats and gloves are essential here in the mountains because of the biting wind. Flannel-lined denim is really handy when the temperature drops.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

What are winter clothes?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
You stupid Floridians and your 70 degree weather and your geriatrics.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by lolmnt
What are winter clothes?

I think it's when you wear a polar bear's fur. I'm not 100% though.
cat
Quote by vintage x metal
You stupid Floridians and your 70 degree weather and your geriatrics.

It's a false heat though. They just burn lots of geriatrics in a massive furnace to keep it nice and toasty year-round.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by DonGlover
It's a false heat though. They just burn lots of geriatrics in a massive furnace to keep it nice and toasty year-round.

That explains the notes of Bengay in the air
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I don't own a coat/jacket.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
The same things I wear in the summer, except I wear thermal t-shirts and long johns underneath.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Page 1 of 2