How do i install the tremolo arm on the Ibanez GRG150QA? I tried pushing it in the hole but it doesnt click.
maybe it's a screw-in type?

pics of the arm would help
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
maybe it's a screw-in type?

pics of the arm would help

im quite sure its not a screw in type cause they didnt provide anything to screw it in but heres the picture.

(Invalid img)
Attachments:
jlk.jpg
Just put it in the hole and that's it I think, it shouldn't be falling out or something like that.
Quote by JackovSlayer
Just put it in the hole and that's it I think, it shouldn't be falling out or something like that.

i tried pushing it in harder too but there's no click sound and it falls off.
not sure, i don't see any screw thread on the end of that arm. You could always try pushing it in and then rotating it clockwise a bit, see if that works.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have an Ibanez guitar with Edge III bridge, your tremolo bar looks exactly the same as mine, I just put it in and that's it.

If it's falling out, wrap a small piece of paper around the part of the bar which goes into the bridge so it doesn't have space to move in it or to fall out.
No tape! Edge 3 trems have two set screws on the back of the unit to adjust arm torque. They are small, sounds like you need to back them off a bit, install arm and readjust to your preference.
Quote by Dave_Mc
not sure, i don't see any screw thread on the end of that arm. You could always try pushing it in and then rotating it clockwise a bit, see if that works.

i rotated it but its still loose.
I'm out of ideas

are you sure you have the right trem arm?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by stringDIA
No tape! Edge 3 trems have two set screws on the back of the unit to adjust arm torque. They are small, sounds like you need to back them off a bit, install arm and readjust to your preference.

Pretty sure it's not an Edge III trem on that model, I think it's a Fat-10 trem.
A guy in our church band bought his son a similar Ibanez and had the same problem. Turned out it came with the wrong trem. He was able to take it to the shop he bought from and get the correct bar.
Quote by demonhellcat
A guy in our church band bought his son a similar Ibanez and had the same problem. Turned out it came with the wrong trem. He was able to take it to the shop he bought from and get the correct bar.

ah..ok I'll try to ask from the shop then