Page 1 of 2
What are some albums that aren't of good sound quality that you'd like to see remastered ?, here's mine.

Soundgarden- UltraMega OK
Metallica- And Justice for All...
Motorhead- Motorhead
Motorhead- Overkill
Motorhead- Bomber
Misfits- most of there Danzig era stuff.
Last edited by lemmyisgod97 at Oct 13, 2013,
BTBAM's Silent Circus album. I can't even listen to it the way it is now.
Check out my band Disturbed
Remixed as in "YO ISH YOUR BOI B-TOP REPPIN' THE SOUTH SIDE, REMIX TWO THOUSAND THIRTEEEEEEEEEEN!"?

EDIT: I'd love to see the Don't Close Your Eyes EP by Parkway Drive redone.

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

Last edited by Alpha_Wolf at Oct 13, 2013,
I've always wished Bleach (Nirvana's first album) could have been recorded, mixed and mastered better and with a better drummer than Chad Channing.
While I like the lo-fi ambiance, it would be cool to have really nice recordings of Sonic Youth or Pixies or the Germs or Fugazi.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by lemmyisgod97

Motorhead- Motorhead

In my opinion that is their best sounding album but since you mention Motorhead I think I have to say Orgasmatron. Supposedly it sounded a lot better just after it was recorded then they let the guy (producer/mixer/ whatever the name for that person is) take it back to America to mix/master it and he made a bit of a mess of it. Lemmy was not happy about how it sounded, especially as he is usually very involved at every stage with his music.

I have a Malmsteen album somewhere ( i can't remember off the top of my head which one) but I always thought the lead guitar was too quiet and in places was pretty much drowned out which to me seems to defeat the purpose of a guitar based album.
The only ones I can really think of off the top of my head (mainly because I was listening to them before) would be Angel Vivaldi's first two albums. He really got screwed pretty bad on the production of them because a lot of people took advantage of him and he didn't have that much money to begin with. Considering how much DIY recording has improved in the last few years, I think it would be really awesome if Angel went back into the studio with a little more knowledge and cash and re-recorded all of his old stuff.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Oh and i'll add
Megadeth- Killing is my Business... And Business is Good and
So Far, So Good... So What

Some of the solo's on those albums sound like they were recorded with a nylon stringed acoustic.
Not really a Rush fan per se but I would have said their 2002 record 'Vapour Trails' but they released a remixed version of it a few weeks ago. Originally, the mix was a sonic mess. All the instruments were peaking so much so, you could hear the crackling. But, all good now.
"It's better to be kind. Being clever or good looking is subjective. Kindness is essential" - Ricky Gervais
Not sure if there is one but my copy of Nirvana's Unplugged at MTV sounds fine during songs but in between it's so quiet... Not sure if that counts but ah well.
Quote by vintage x metal
While I like the lo-fi ambiance, it would be cool to have really nice recordings of Sonic Youth or Pixies or the Germs or Fugazi.

don't know what Pixies & Fugazi records you are listening to.
Quote by neidnarb11890
don't know what Pixies & Fugazi records you are listening to.

+1 all of the aboves records sound tight as hell. although a deluxe edition of Sister by Sonic Youth with a remaster similar to Daydream Nation's would rule
I realize. That I hate the sound of guitars
Metallica - Death Magnetic, And Justice For All

anything else Rick Rubin's loudness war has touched.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
The snare on the new Dream Theater album sounds like shit, so if they could fix that, then that.
Quote by MarqueeMoon77
+1 all of the aboves records sound tight as hell. although a deluxe edition of Sister by Sonic Youth with a remaster similar to Daydream Nation's would rule

+2 would buy. Criminally over looked album.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by KerNeL_KLuTcH
Metallica - Death Magnetic, And Justice For All

anything else Rick Rubin's loudness war has touched.

Here's a secret for you. The "loudness war" doesn't exist. It's idiot sound engineers overusing compressors and limiters that has ruined so many modern albums.
Californication by RHCP. Jesus Christ, I thought I'd gotten a defective copy the first time I bought it...
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by barden1069
Californication by RHCP. Jesus Christ, I thought I'd gotten a defective copy the first time I bought it...

Amen. Dat Parallel Universe with headphones on. Kill me.
signature
Quote by Soccerguy
The snare on the new Dream Theater album sounds like shit, so if they could fix that, then that.

Quote by Soccerguy
Dream Theater sounds like shit, so if they could fix that, then that.

ftfy
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by AmalgamOfMeat
^^I second the "everything produced by the loudness war" sentiment.

So that'd be basically any popular recording of the last couple decades then...
Quote by StewieSwan
BTBAM's Silent Circus album. I can't even listen to it the way it is now.

Yea, I would probably love it if it didn't sound like mush
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by willT08
So that'd be basically any popular recording of the last couple decades then...

Exactly
Quote by lemmyisgod97
Misfits- most of there Danzig era stuff.

No. Absolutely no. Audio playback devices have a volume control on them for a reason, as for the production, it's exactly how any punk rock fan would want it to sound.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
Metallica's Death Magnetic and Justice, definitely
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Soccerguy

I personally kinda like it. I'm tired of snares that cut in a mix too much.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 13, 2013,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Here's a secret for you. The "loudness war" doesn't exist. It's idiot sound engineers overusing compressors and limiters that has ruined so many modern albums.

kernal klutch just got #sammed
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by EqualOfHeaven
No. Absolutely no. Audio playback devices have a volume control on them for a reason, as for the production, it's exactly how any punk rock fan would want it to sound.

Which is why fans of punk rock aren't allowed to be sound engineers when they grow up.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by EqualOfHeaven

mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Page 1 of 2