I've been writing music for the last eight or nine months on my own under a specific project/band name. Is it unusual or strange to use a band name for a project that only has one member and will most likely never be released?
Not at all. There are tons of musicans that do it. Hell, i do it myself.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
I dunno, ask axl rose...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
How would we know? If the music was never released then nobody would know except the person who wrote the material.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by Dave_Mc
I dunno, ask axl rose...

Haha
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3

EDIT: all joking aside, I actually really liked chinese democracy
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 13, 2013,
I have a solo project that I've named. I do intend to record and release several songs (once I get my new desktop working) on bandcamp. I don't see an issue with what you're doing.
How would we know? If the music was never released then nobody would know except the person who wrote the material.

I have to disagree with that comment about guitar hero, because I just played it last week and although it is not realistic it does help with speed and dexterity. I just got "Rocksmith" today and see how that goes.
Quote by Jaywalk777
I have to disagree with that comment about guitar hero, because I just played it last week and although it is not realistic it does help with speed and dexterity. I just got "Rocksmith" today and see how that goes.

FYI, it's his signature and has nothing to do with this thread.

And also, I agree with it. Guitar Hero will help you at guitar playing as much as Call of Duty will help you at war. Yes, it can improve your sense of rhythm and hand synch if you are poor at them. But really, Guitar Hero is so different from real guitar playing. It's just a game. I'm not saying it's a bad game (I sometimes enjoy playing it) but it just shouldn't be compared to real guitar playing. Being able to play guitar well doesn't mean you can play Guitar Hero well. For example watch the video of Dave Mustaine playing GH - he sucks at it.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Last edited by MaggaraMarine at Oct 25, 2013,
True but even if you are a master at guitar, playing guitar hero is a whole other animal to learn. The two don't really go hand in hand and each are seperate things to learn but once you get them down they can kind of help you learn the other. For example I was playing expert welcome to the jungle in gh3 and I did so much better than my friend playing the same song for one reason. Because I knew how to play the song on a real guitar I knew how many times it would hit each note in any repetitive part, my friend didn't and just ended up guessing the rhythm and got it wrong. Nevertheless this isn't part of the original post like you said so this is my last say on the subject.