Hello All -

I recently decided to trade in all my lower end stuff for some nicer instruments. Well, this is my latest (and probably last.... for a while) purchase. I have seen this guitar several times before, and I gawked over it everytime. Well I decided to finally bite the bullet today and get one.

Here are a series of dramatic shots until the big reveal....

You know when there's a case so nice, you can only imagine whats inside it? We'll thats what I think when I see this case.

Hmmmm.....

Any idea?

Birds eye maple anybody?

The big reveal!

There it is! A Fender Select HSS strat in Antique Burst. Honestly - this is the MOST beautiful strat I have ever seen. I've thought that since I've laid eyes on it.

The pickups in this bad boy are fender select pickups. No model names for what I can find, almost as if they were specifically made for this guitar. Which is what the tag said also. I played an American Deluxe HSS side by side to this one, and not only is this one miles more beautiful, but it SOUNDS so much better. These pickups are phenomenal. They are SUPER clear sounding. Really great clean tones, and distorted tones. The humbucker is awesome. You could easily cover hard rock on this guitar with its fat sound. Great sustain.

It's got an alder body, with a flame maple top. It's not very heavy. Just about average for a strat I'd say. The neck is a C shape. Out of all the guitars I've played and owned over the years - endless RG's, LTD EC's, Strats, Les Pauls, etc., nothing has ever felt more comfortable than a strat to me. It's perfect I think. Not too thin, and not too thick. Right in the middle. I did notice this guitar has a super contour on it, and it extremely thin where your arm rests on it. Much thinner than any other strat I've seen.

It has fender locking tuners on it. I probably would have preferred the schallers that the deluxe came with, but they seem to be doing alright.

It also came with hand signed COA, authenticating that it was 1/100 from this run of this model. Not sure how many they've done totaly, but I've only ever seen 2 of these before.

This thing is definitely a museum piece, and it will probably always be babied, but I'm in love with this guitar and I'm really happy to have came across it.

Thanks for checking it out guys!
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
actually said fuck out loud when I saw this. strats have really grown on me in the last few years, and I love seeing em with a flamed top and/or birdseye maple. great purchase!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

HNGD that is a nice Strat
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
thats about the nicest strat ive ever seen. some G&Ls look like that.

the carvin tweed cases look like that. for a second i thought this was a new carvin day
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Hngd!
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
I don't even like strats, and I like that guitar. Nicely done!
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
A Fender Stratocaster with a real flamed maple bookmatched top instead of a "photoflame!" Sweet! HNGD! Enjoy the crap out of it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Thass ver'nass. Ver'nass indeed.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I keep clicking on this thread just to look at it again. I can't get over that flame.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Wow! Haha! Thanks guys! Glad you all seem to like it! Its a beauty of a guitar. I love it!!
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
Just beautiful dude. Hope you have years of fun
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Very nice find, I'm jealous
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Thanks a lot guys! I really haven't played it since I brought it home. I'm kind of afraid to!

If anybody is interested, this guitar is normally priced at ~ $2050. I got this on clearance, plus traded in a couple guitars. So I walked out with it for just under 1k.

The birds eye maple is very different than what I thought it would be. It's slightly textured. It's neither good or bad - just different!
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
Oh my GodOh my GodOh my GodOh my GodOh my GodOh my GodOh my GodOh my GodOh my GodOh my GodOh my GodOh my GodOh my GodOh my GodOh my GodOh my GodOh my GodOh my GodOh my God
Your sig is orgasmic.
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.