Hola, hombres.
I got cast as an ensemble member in my high school's play 'In the Heights.' I am a freshman, and my voice is baritone at this point. See, I did really well in my audition and I've been complimented a decent bit, but I digress. The kid playing the role I was trying out for is good and I'm not bitter, but he very rarely shows up for rehearsal, and I'm there every day. My brother's girlfriend (who is a senior and helps run/is a lead in the play) told me that if the kid misses one more rehearsal, which he most likely will, the part is mine, according to our director.
This is all dope and radical, but now that I'll actually have the part, I'll need to sing high tenor parts (the part is Sonny, if anyone knows the musical). I guess I'm making this thread to see if anyone has any tips on increasing your vocal range upward. I can hit most of the notes he sings, but some are really up there and I can barely get them out.
Muchos gracias, amigos.
P.S. Do you think it would be pushing it to ask to change the notes a tiny bit or to lower some things an octave?
P.S.S. I didn't know where to post this so into the Pit we go
P.S.S.S. Billy Gibbons is uber leet
Quote by Psychro6
Hola, hombres.
I got cast as an ensemble member in my high school's play 'In the Heights.' I am a freshman, and my voice is baritone at this point. See, I did really well in my audition and I've been complimented a decent bit, but I digress.

www.ultimate-vocalist.com

There IS a sub-forum here for vocals, but I'll tell you here that if you practice your ass off with the correct technique, you can expand your range up there. I've gotten my range up about 5 steps in the last year. So it is entirely possible.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
#1: Don't hurt your voice. It takes a long time to heal if you **** it up.

#2: Its really up to your director about changing stuff. It will probably not be as good an octave down.

Just sing. Don't push the higher stuff, but singing something thats higher than usual with good technique is pretty much the only way to increase your range.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Quote by Psychro6
Hola, hombres.
I got cast as an ensemble member in my high school's play 'In the Heights.' I am a freshman, and my voice is baritone at this point. See, I did really well in my audition and I've been complimented a decent bit, but I digress. The kid playing the role I was trying out for is good and I'm not bitter, but he very rarely shows up for rehearsal, and I'm there every day. My brother's girlfriend (who is a senior and helps run/is a lead in the play) told me that if the kid misses one more rehearsal, which he most likely will, the part is mine, according to our director.
This is all dope and radical, but now that I'll actually have the part, I'll need to sing high tenor parts (the part is Sonny, if anyone knows the musical). I guess I'm making this thread to see if anyone has any tips on increasing your vocal range upward. I can hit most of the notes he sings, but some are really up there and I can barely get them out.
Muchos gracias, amigos.
P.S. Do you think it would be pushing it to ask to change the notes a tiny bit or to lower some things an octave?
P.S.S. I didn't know where to post this so into the Pit we go
P.S.S.S. Billy Gibbons is uber leet

You're voice will always be a baritone, you're not gonna change to a tenor even if you add notes to your range. take a singer like chris cornell who has an incredible range and is none for hitting high pitches. He'd still be classified as a baritone becausse of the low spectrum of his voice that comes naturally. Think of how he sings in black hole sun

As for your question, can you get by with hitting those notes out of your range in falsetto?
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by Wiegenlied
You're voice will always be a baritone, you're not gonna change to a tenor even if you add notes to your range. take a singer like chris cornell who has an incredible range and is none for hitting high pitches. He'd still be classified as a baritone becausse of the low spectrum of his voice that comes naturally. Think of how he sings in black hole sun

As for your question, can you get by with hitting those notes out of your range in falsetto?

That's mostly true and I will say that I agree with you. However. You can strengthen the muscles and make them bigger (as with any muscle in your body) so your chest voice can deepen because your muscles can support lower notes.

I only say this because most people think everything is set in stone vocally. It's not so unmovable as you might think.
1966 Stella Harmony Acoustic
Epiphone Dot Studio
Fender Starcaster (Made by 5 year olds in China)
THE Epiphone Mandolin
Dean 7 String (Totally Korean)
Yamaha C45m
Mitchell 12 MD100S

More Strings=More Range=More BadAssery
Sonny isn't actually too bad, you've just got to practise those "Vanessa"s in It Won't Be Long Now and when he wails the title in 96,000.

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
If it was for a classical carreer I'd advise you against it but if it's just for a high school play then I'd try.