Hi I needed some advice on pickups.I have a Dimarzio Evo neck pickup on a les paul copy by Samick guitars.I am looking for a complimentary bridge pickup.I know the best option for me would be to get a Evo bridge or a Evo 2.But the retailers I have been talking to cant give me an assurance that they will be able to get Dimarzios anytime soon(I live in India and the supply here is terrible).However I do get quite a lot of Seymour Duncans here.

So is there some high output Seymour Duncan that will compliment the Evo on the neck?...Has anyone tried anything similar?

Thanks...
I generally play a lot of different stuff but I am more inclined towards fusion players like Guthrie Govan and shawn lane..I got the Evo neck for the cleans and also because I am a big fan of Steve Vai's tone....

As for the amp...i am using Boss GT 10 through a Blackstar Combo.....
one of the customs, maybe? how they'd work with an evo neck, I dunno, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If I'm being honest, with your setup the change in pickups will be incredibly minimal. Remember that pickup swaps aren't as much upgrades as they are personalizing. Pickups are to help achieve a nuance or presence in sound, but not change it completely, that's what amps are for.

I would probably suggest investing your time and money into a new guitar or new amp first. It may take more time to save up, but the difference you get will be well worth it.
Last edited by JustRooster at Oct 14, 2013,
A while ago I put a Gibson X2N pickup (Gibson's hottest pickup) in my Squier Stratocaster in the bridge and it made a world of difference. Pinch harmonics are easy to hit, and it just screams. I got it cheap. The difference in sound quality and volume between it and the two stock single coils in the neck and mid is huge.

I just got a Dimarzio Crunchlab and my Dean has been awakened. I'm actually playing a lot more since getting it. I'd recommend it if you weren't struggling to find Dimarzio's. Why don't you order it online?
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
Quote by leondb
A while ago I put a Gibson X2N pickup (Gibson's hottest pickup) in my Squier Stratocaster in the bridge and it made a world of difference. Pinch harmonics are easy to hit, and it just screams. I got it cheap. The difference in sound quality and volume between it and the two stock single coils in the neck and mid is huge.

I just got a Dimarzio Crunchlab and my Dean has been awakened. I'm actually playing a lot more since getting it. I'd recommend it if you weren't struggling to find Dimarzio's. Why don't you order it online?

I want what you are on. X2N is dimarzio, i would guess wither the dirty fingers and 500t are Gibson's high output pickup . I own both, as well as X2N. Sold the X2N.

Crunchlabs are pretty nice i have one in an ibanez prestige 2570evsl.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
I want what you are on. X2N is dimarzio, i would guess wither the dirty fingers and 500t are Gibson's high output pickup . I own both, as well as X2N. Sold the X2N.

Crunchlabs are pretty nice i have one in an ibanez prestige 2570evsl.

Got it wrong and I'm not on anything which is sad. haha. My bad I meant the 500t. Installing it took a little longer because of the 4 conductor and output level was initially low until I tried the other installation options.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
Quote by anrin

So is there some high output Seymour Duncan that will compliment the Evo on the neck?...Has anyone tried anything similar?

I'm not sure that I'd bother worrying about the Evo OR what brand it is when you pick a bridge pickup. See if you can try a few on other guitars and pick something you like. I've gone with some combinations that will have some folks scratching their heads -- one is a slightly hot Gibson '57 (about 9.2 kohms) in the bridge, with a single-coil-size stacked humbucker from DiMarzio (Fast Track II) that registers about 18.0 kohms. That flies in the face of the "balanced" approach, and the Fast Track II is very much louder than the 57 in the bridge.

On another guitar I have a Suhr Aldrich bridge pickup (about 17.5 kohm) and a Carvin C66N in the neck position. Gorgeous combination. Leastways it is for me and it is for that particular guitar. YMMV. The Aldrich is an aggressive rock and roll type pickup with greater range than its 17.5k resistance would suggest. The Carvin is just amazingly sweet. The combination works best with a blend knob and an active sweepable mids boost like the Chandler Tone-X. On an LP-style guitar you have four knobs, so you can just turn one into a Master Volume, the other into a master "tone" and use the other two knobs however you wish.
If you want a Duncan that will match the Dimarzio fairly well, I'd recommend the Duncan Distortion, or JB.

dspellman has a great recommendation with the Suhr Aldrich. I have one of those in the neck of my Schecter and a JB in the bridge. The Aldrich is super hot, very articulate, and very harmonic. If I had the money right now, I'd be swapping a pair of them into 2 of my other guitars.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio