I have decided to upgrade from my beginner Yamaha F310 acoustic guitar to an electro acoustic and have a budget of approx £500 max. I would prefer a smaller body guitar if possible (grand auditorium size maybe?) and the Takamine EG543SC is one that I particulary liked the look of.
Cant find many reviews however, so would appreciate if anyone could offer any advice on this particular model or maybe be suggest similar guitars in this price range. Many thanks.
Are you going to play it through an amp? If so the smaller NEX Takis are fine, their electronics are great. However unplugged for me they don't make the grade. My friend has one and its well,gutless. Don't get me wrong I'm a Taki fan, but if you can go full size.

Don't worry about what it looks like, worry about what it SOUNDS like. Cheers
Quote by tuxs
Don't worry about what it looks like, worry about what it SOUNDS like. Cheers

Excellent advice that I was going to offer, but you beat me to the punch.

Personally, I'm not a real big Takamine fan. My wife owns a nice black one, but I just can't get past the tone. It may have something to do with the construction, but I also suspect it's the thick, black finish.

Have you looked at the Taylor offerings? Not sure how much Taylor that will get you, but I've always been happy with their tone.
Many thanks for your replies, I do take on board what you say. Am off at the weekend to my local music store, but know that they stock so many different models, so was really trying to have some sort of an idea before I went!
Just fancied one of the smaller bodied guitar as my friend has one and seems so much easy to play, but guess I do need to try them all out first.
Had a look at the Taylors online but they seem way beyond my price! Did see another that looked quite nice, Tanglewood Evolution TVC KOA C, any thoughts on that one at all?