What could they be?

Along with my recent NGD (a Peavey 6505+ 112) I Figured there were some pedals that I should be getting to go along side it. The first is a little boring, however is so long overdue. It's a plain, boring footswitch.
Still, this is an important purchase, i've been changing the channel on the amp for over a year now, and that can get pretty annoying at times

The other pedal is a Bad Monkey overdrive. Many of you here probably know about them already, so it's nothing new, but to those without knowledge, it's a TS style overdrive.
I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but I look forward to using it to boost my 6505!

With these pedals, I can now finally start building my own pedalboard
It will be a small one, but for the moment I really don't need many pedals and can afford to have a pedalboard a bit bigger than an A4 sheet of paper.

And of course, finally I have to include an obligatory pic of my pedal family

excuse the MT-2 ...that needs to be sold off at some point

EDIT:

I know that this board isn't for settings threads, but could people suggest some base settings to mess around with on the Bad Monkey to boost a metal tone on my 6505?
Last edited by ambler3 at Oct 14, 2013,
excellent

level: full up

low: 12 o'clock

high: ~2 o'clock

gain: zero

Try that. that's pretty much your bog standard "tubescreamer as a boost" setting. Only do it if your amp is already running a fair bit of preamp gain or it'll blow your ears out

If that doesn't give you enough boost you can try increasing the gain slightly (say to 8 o'clock or so).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 14, 2013,
On the crunch channel (no boost) the BM, with your suggested settings seems to give a light, not so rocky overdrive tone, which sounds pretty nice on the neck pickup! Decent, considering I haven't retubed or changed the speaker
I have a BM and I use level max, treble max, bass 3 o'clock, gain 0. works nice for me

Now throw the MT-2 away and be happy
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by ambler3
just to qualify..I haven't used the MT-2 since I upgraded from my Spider IV in April to my Kustom

I'm not your girlfriend, you don't need to explain to me
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Nice. I'm looking to pick up a bad monkey myself for my "non-metal" rig.

And for the boost settings, I know it's not the same, but I use a TS 9 with the gain at zero, tone in the middle and level at about 75%. I usually have the preamp gain at around 2, which seems low compared to what a lot of people use, but any more and it starts to be more distortion than I think sounds good. Maybe it's just me

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
Quote by ambler3
On the crunch channel (no boost) the BM, with your suggested settings seems to give a light, not so rocky overdrive tone, which sounds pretty nice on the neck pickup! Decent, considering I haven't retubed or changed the speaker

try it on the lead channel
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Been testing the lead channel with the BM, it clears up the mud so well, didn't know it would do such a good job! and of course, makes the amp sound even better

also, today a daisy chain cable came in the post, how should I connect my pedals with it? Should I be using the 'voltage out' on the pedals?

I currently have them set up coming from a 500Ma cable, with each part joining on each 'DC in' on my 3 pedals, in this order: NS-2 -> BM -> Pitchblack
Last edited by ambler3 at Oct 15, 2013,
The NS2 should have an extra dc out jack on the back of it. According to the manual on the Boss site it should be labelled "9V DC out".

So, plug your power supply into the NS2's "9V DC in" jack socket, and then plug your daisy chain into the "9V DC out" jack and from there into your other pedals.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've never understood the purpose of DC out jacks on pedals. I just use the daisy chain connected to the adapter and plug it in. Is there a difference?

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000