So I used to connect my xbox 360 to my old laptop with an ethernet cable and use my laptop's internet connection to connect to xbox live. I just bought a macbook pro and it doesnt have an ethernet port, so if I buy an ethernet to usb converter and plug the ethernet cable into my macbook pro's usb port will it still work? Or am I going to have to buy an xbox 360 wireless adapter?
Assuming you already Googled your options, most of them seem to be pushing the official Microsoft Wireless Network Adapter. Unless your network is wireless, have you tried plugging directly into the wall ethernet jack?
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I once found a balloon filled with frosting that I ate....anyways I found out later on in life it was a used condom...

[color="Green"][B]while[/B][/COLOR] [color="Blue"]True[/COLOR]:
    [color="Green"][B]for[/B][/COLOR] i [color="Green"][B]in[/B][/COLOR] [[color="Teal"]"/"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"-"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"[/COLOR][color="Red"]\\[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR]]:
        [color="Green"][B]print[/B][/COLOR] [color="Teal"]"%s[/COLOR][color="Red"]\r[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR] % i,
Quote by DoAndroidsDream
Assuming you already Googled your options, most of them seem to be pushing the official Microsoft Wireless Network Adapter. Unless your network is wireless, have you tried plugging directly into the wall ethernet jack?
^ That.

I would just buy the adaptor. It cost like, what, $45 ish (the one I bought did)? And I assume you have a wireless network since you're using a laptop. But I haven't researched price comparison or anything, so I wouldn't know if a converter would be better.

I used to plug it in directly to the modem, but then it moved, so I bought the adaptor. It worked well.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Oct 15, 2013,
Quote by Joshua Garcia
^ That.

I would just buy the adaptor. It cost like, what, $45 ish (the one I bought did)? And I assume you have a wireless network since you're using a laptop. But I haven't researched price comparison or anything, so I wouldn't know if a converter would be better.

I used to plug it in directly to the modem, but then it moved, so I bought the adaptor. It worked well.

Not even, dude. Because it has the Microsoft logo on it, and because nothing else is compatible, the Wireless Network Adapters run about $60 new, according to Game Stop.

I remember when they first came out, they were close to $100.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I once found a balloon filled with frosting that I ate....anyways I found out later on in life it was a used condom...

[color="Green"][B]for[/B][/COLOR] i [color="Green"][B]in[/B][/COLOR] [[color="Teal"]"/"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"-"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"[/COLOR][color="Red"]\\[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR]]:
        [color="Green"][B]print[/B][/COLOR] [color="Teal"]"%s[/COLOR][color="Red"]\r[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR] % i,
Quote by DoAndroidsDream
Not even, dude. Because it has the Microsoft logo on it, and because nothing else is compatible, the Wireless Network Adapters run about $60 new, according to Game Stop.

I remember when they first came out, they were close to $100.
Well, I used this one

but I've noticed nowadays, the stores are using this one.

So maybe it's a matter of it being a little out-dated? I'm not sure.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

Gamestop has the same one you're using, but the only available option presently is pre-owned.

Idk, I don't much play video games (except Metal Gear Solid, unf), especially on line. I work too much
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

Oh, I don't use it anymore. I updated my Xbox to the newer one so it has the wifi built in. I don't play much games either, so needless to say, I haven't stepped into a gamestop in a while either.
Quote by SGstriker

LUCKY! Idk, I might sell mine. Haven't even used the damn thing in almost 3 months. Work and school....
Quote by Obsceneairwaves