Looking for some mellow sounding pickups with smooth highs. Want them to be incredibly clean and have a clear precise sound. There for a telecaster with a maple neck and alder body. I play post rock and other ambient guitar, which is why I want them to be mellow clean and precise. I'm happy to have an unmatchinf set of pickups eg a dimarzio in the neck and a seymour duncan in the bridge
Seymour Duncan: Alnico II Pro set, Antiquity II set, Vintage Stack (humbuckerish),

Loller: Almost anything

DiMarzio: Area T set, True Velvet set, Twang King set

Basically it sounds like you want to look at the vintage to moderate output pickups depending on how much oomph you want out of your guitar, the lower output the pickups are the cleaning the signal will be into your amp allowing nice overdrive sound, but most importantly clear as a bell cleans.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
You don't need pickups, you need an effects processor.

I just happen to be selling an HD500. For you, best price.
from the sounds of it you probably want something vintage output. As for specific suggestions, I'm not too well up on tele pickups

^ LOL
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?