Page 1 of 2
Hi, i started learning guitar an year go but since that time i can't think about anything else apart from listening to music and practising guitar. In fact since last year i haven't gone out much to hang out with friends or anything. I stay home and practise or end up listening to music all the time. Although i do not necessarily miss going out or anything its jus that my friends feel that i should come out and spend time with them. Has anyone gone through this phase where in all you do is jus stay in your bedroom and spend time doing the thing that you love the most?
Quote by sundar334
Has anyone gone through this phase where in all you do is jus stay in your bedroom and spend time doing the thing that you love the most?

Quote by sundar334
Has anyone gone through this phase where in all you do is jus stay in your bedroom and spend time doing the thing that you love the most?
Yes. And not just in the bedroom, but in the kitchen too.

Edit: You'll probably grow out of it in time. Most people do. Not to say you'll give up or lose all interest entirely, but you'll probably just not spend so much time using it.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Oct 15, 2013,
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Yes. And not just in the bedroom, but in the kitchen too.

Lol! impressive, but unfortunately my mom does not allow me to practise in the kitchen. I tried practising in the bathroom having read somewhere that Jimmy used to do that but gave it up soon after i found out that it used to interfere with my Fap sessions a lot.
Are... you serious?

Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Oct 15, 2013,
Quote by sundar334
Lol! impressive, but unfortunately my mom does not allow me to practise in the kitchen. I tried practising in the bathroom having read somewhere that Jimmy used to do that but gave it up soon after i found out that it used to interfere with my Fap sessions a lot.

fukken lol
I shred at every spare second I got. I just sit down and bang out some Nothing Else Matters of Cowboys From Hell.
Quote by willT08
muusic is my life <3 id die without music lyk dis if u luv beiber

Came here to post this
I'm gonna suffer for the rest of my life

But I will always find a way to survive
Quote by LostLegion
I shred at every spare second I got. I just sit down and bang out some Nothing Else Matters of Cowboys From Hell.

YNWA (Y)
my life is mostly oriented by music and i know exactly how you feel... try compensating by listening to your music while out with your friends? ;D
Quote by entity0009
This is obviously linked to the increase in teen pregnancy: Dad dicks are getting smaller so they are forced to find younger, tighter mothers.

Quote by willT08
everyone's the main guy in their own story
Quote by sundar334

Excuses. I practice on my drumkit wherever I am. Kitchen, bedroom, wherever
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by callumfrew97
my life is mostly oriented by music and i know exactly how you feel... try compensating by listening to your music while out with your friends? ;D

Unfortunately none of my friends listen to my type of music in fact they just stare at me when i start talking about my favorite type of bands and stuff so i jus stick to topics which they want to hear (sports and tits).
Quote by Cianyx
Excuses. I practice on my drumkit wherever I am. Kitchen, bedroom, wherever

Ya you drummers are lucky in that regard! i think i should do what Brian May used to do when he was a kid. Draw lines on your arm and start practising!
Quote by sundar334

Lol'd.
Sail upon the open skies
I went through that phase, I think everyone does.
Then you get good and you don't need to practice for hours anymore, you can just jam with friends and shit it don't matter.
Quote by macashmack
I went through that phase, I think everyone does.
Then you get good and you don't need to practice for hours anymore, you can just jam with friends and shit it don't matter.

Ya can't wait to get good enough to play confidently in front of others
i was like that sometime during high school, but it wasn't anything amazing. i just hadn't found anything i liked so much and was also not bad at.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by sundar334
Unfortunately none of my friends listen to my type of music in fact they just stare at me when i start talking about my favorite type of bands and stuff so i jus stick to topics which they want to hear (sports and tits).

ear/headphones and tell them music > them ♪ ♪
Quote by entity0009
This is obviously linked to the increase in teen pregnancy: Dad dicks are getting smaller so they are forced to find younger, tighter mothers.

Quote by willT08
Quote by callumfrew97
ear/headphones and tell them music > them ♪ ♪

Sorry, hate digital media
Quote by sundar334

then we can't help you .-. there's nothing you can do about your music 'addiction;
Quote by entity0009

Quote by willT08
Quote by sundar334
YNWA (Y)

#JFT96
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by callumfrew97
then we can't help you .-. there's nothing you can do about your music 'addiction;

I should've realised that when my Defenders of the Faith cd was literally worn out after listening to it all the time during my teenage years. Damn you Glenn Tipton why you do this to me
Quote by sundar334

HIPSTER!

But seriously, man. You'll grow out of this, both your dislike of digital media (which is a stupid thing to dislike, because digital media is a lot more convenient) and your "obsession" with music.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
HIPSTER!

But seriously, man. You'll grow out of this, both your dislike of digital media (which is a stupid thing to dislike, because digital media is a lot more convenient) and your "obsession" with music.

Yes Sir, I agree that digital media is a lot more convenient but its just my preference. Its just that my conscience would feel a lot better by buying cds rather than downloading music. I realised long ago how much work musicians put in while releasing an album and how less of money they make and i feel a lot better buying something that is tangible and help support musicians that i like and its my way of showing respect and support for them. To each their own i guess.
It is normal to have a hobby or interest and want to partake in it most of the day. Just make the best of it, and dont forget to practice with a metraanome slowly.
cd's are digital u moran

also they get so so so litttle money whether you buy CDs or download, support them by going to concerts
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
It is normal to have a hobby or interest and want to partake in it most of the day. Just make the best of it, and dont forget to practice with a metraanome slowly.

I use a metronome so much that i think i have developed tinnitus because of that, i can't seem to get rid of that clicking sound outta my head.
Quote by Weaponized
cd's are digital u moran

also they get so so so litttle money whether you buy CDs or download, support them by going to concerts

Okay by digital i meant Mp3. You are wrong about concerts too. Those organisers and mangers make more money than the musicians.
Yeah but its still ASSLOADS more than buying their music. Number 1 way is to buy merch at their shows
Why does every thread have a nitpicker?
Last edited by sundar334 at Oct 15, 2013,
Quote by Weaponized
Yeah but its still ASSLOADS more than buying their music. Number 1 way is to buy merch at their shows

Lol, from what i hear from the local musicians around the place where i live, what they make from a gig and by selling merch won't be enough to buy enough beer for a night! having said that musicians do drink a lot!
Quote by sundar334
Okay by digital i meant Mp3. You are wrong about concerts too. Those organisers and mangers make more money than the musicians.

data compression is more compelling than you will ever be throughout your entire life.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Yeah, that's basically what I did from the age of 13 to 18. I didn't really like too many people, thought that most people were annoying (I still feel this way), so I just played guitar all day. Now, I have a job to go to, but I still play guitar as much as I can, and I still play everyday.
banned
Quote by sundar334

CDs generally have mp3s on them. But you'll get over your dislike of mp3 players & such. (Just think -- no need to carry a CD around! No need to have a CD player in your car/room/use a computer. Just a small music player that allows you to play all common audio formats. Oh, my!)

As for concerts, where's your source for that?
Page 1 of 2