Hi everyone,

My main guitar is a Yamaha Pacifica 812v, (Translucent Dark Red just so you know).

I have been toying with the idea of getting a new (used) guitar, mainly a telecaster of some description. I am never going to get rid of my Pacifica as, personally, I have gotten used to it over the years and think that it ticks most of the boxes.

My latest idea is to change the bridge humbucker, the stock one is a Seymour Duncan JB which I think by all means is a good pickup, but to me it doesn't feel right. Feels a tad quieter and not as crystal as the single coils. I thought that rather than blowing my money on a whole guitar I could spend some money on the perfect pick up for me.

I like to jam blues, funk, classic rock and all of the parts in between, the humbucker needs to be able to split and the sound I really want would be a Les Paul style humbucker and a Telecaster sound when split.

Anyone out there with any suggestions or thoughts?

Much appreciated!!
the jb should be way louder/hotter than the single coils. it'll be warmer, though, not as glassy.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
the jb should be way louder/hotter than the single coils. it'll be warmer, though, not as glassy.

+1 The JB is a pretty hot pickup
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate