so my girlfriend and I split up. It was reasonably amicable, but I didnt really want it. The sex was amazing, she was funny and pretty and gave me an excellent appreciation for big boobies and blow jobs that I'd never had before, but she was emotionally unstable and would get angry about ANYTHING, and we couldnt be close anymore.

So anyway, its the first time I've ever ended a relationship and immediately felt like going out and sexing up anything that moves. Its a strange sensation. I had almost decided to wait until I felt like I was totally over my ex, but today I ran into an old high school crush that always had a boyfriend back in the day. She asked for my number and we're hanging out next week, so now the opportunity to rebound presents itself.

What are your thoughts pit? Do it, dont? Share some of your own stories about this type of situation if you have any.
I don't know what counts as rebounding and what doesn't, but according to one of my friends I am rebounding hard. I don't think I am though.
cat
So your relationship was "she's sexy, but a complete bitch"? I'm not going to lie, it sounds like you really shouldn't have been together.

But yeah, depending on how long you've been together, it's completely normal to suddenly think "shit, I could have sex with anyone now!" (in principle at least, not to say anyone or everyone will suddenly be begging for your d). You've suddenly been thrown into the world of single life, and realise you no longer have to hold back if you want to go and try chatting up or charming anyone.

I recently broke up with my long term lady and felt the same. I felt a bit directionless and lonely, so tried to get right into single life. I went home with a lass from a club, partly because I could and partly because I'd never had a lass come onto me in that way (I did also think she was really nice, btw). It was a bad idea in the end, partly due to situations I didn't know about, but yeah it made a lot of sense at the time.

I am now back with my then-ex, who wasn't greatly happy to hear about it. Rebounds are a perfectly normal thing (I mean, that's why there's a name for it), but really do be careful about who you hurt.
Quote by guy_tebache
The sex was amazing, she was funny and pretty and gave me an excellent appreciation for big boobies and blow jobs that I'd never had before, but she was emotionally unstable and would get angry about ANYTHING

What's wrong with you? Then again, the accent would be a huge turnoff.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by guy_tebache
gave me an excellent appreciation for big boobies and blow jobs that I'd never had before.

How does one not have an appreciation for these things after puberty?

I'm in a very similar situation to you, but in my case I know if I were to actually take girls home from parties or just fool around or whatever that I would probably feel terrible about it. I made out with a girl at a party a week or so after we broke up, and it felt so pointless.

I don't think I do rebounds very well.
Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Oct 16, 2013,
wow she gave you her number?
#YOLO

go out with her and have a good time. see how it goes
"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."
Quote by Rockford_rocks
How does one not have an appreciation for these things after puberty?

I'm in a very similar situation to you, but in my case I know if I were to actually take girls home from parties or just fool around or whatever that I would probably feel terrible about it. I made out with a girl at a party a week or so after we broke up, and it felt so pointless.

I don't think I do rebounds very well.

Depending on the length of the relationship, and how it ended, that seems totally normal.

You have to be in the right state of mind for it.
Quote by daytripper75

Depending on the length of the relationship, and how it ended, that seems totally normal.

You have to be in the right state of mind for it.

I was into it at the time, but she was just visiting from another campus and with friends, so it'd have been a pretty tough sell to take her home.

I felt pretty bad about it after I left the party, but if she was still with me who knows how I would've felt.
Quote by guy_tebache
The sex was amazing, she was funny and pretty and gave me an excellent appreciation for big boobies and blow jobs that I'd never had before.

So... all you liked about her was her humor, appearance, sex, blowjobs and boobies?

All of this seems like excellent advice.

To clarify, we broke up because she was emotionally unstable and therefore all of the good things, such as the sexy time, were no longer forth coming. She gave me a new appreciation for those things because I hadnt been with a girl with huge tits before, and she gave EXCELLENT head.
Quote by USCENDONE BENE
Dude, just follow your wiener. He knows what to do. You're just getting in the way.

Honestly, my wiener still wants to bang the ex. But thats not gonna happen.
Quote by guy_tebache
All of this seems like excellent advice.

To clarify, we broke up because she was emotionally unstable and therefore all of the good things, such as the sexy time, were no longer forth coming. She gave me a new appreciation for those things because I hadnt been with a girl with huge tits before, and she gave EXCELLENT head.

Yeah you don't need to clarify, we all got that the first time.