i`m wondering to buy JCA 100.
In "thuumann" shop JCA 100H and JCA100HDM is on the same price.

I played JCA100h what, impressed me. New vesrsion got Depth mode, switch 100/50 and better design, but i`m worried about sound, which i love in standard version.

What do you suggest?
I've never tried the HDM, but the depth mod makes a huge difference on the Soldano SLO, so if the HDM is the same circuit as the original JCA100, its a no brainer just for that.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I didn`t hear JCA100HDM in live. I played only JCA100h and i`m in love with this overdrive.
I read I channel is exacly the same like 100h, but i don`t buy that amp for clean but for drive channel.

So question is: Did soldano change sth except dm and switch100/50 in 100hdm?
According to internet lore its the same damn thing except comes with the Depth mod which turned out to be incredibly popular on the stock JCA50/100. Maybe tweaked FX Loop (like JCA22h) though I am not sure about that.

Something is off with Thomann pricing now. JCA100 used to be cheaper than HDM which is supposed to be improved version! Around the same price range as the JCA50 little brother which is still correctly priced 298€. If you like JCA100 I would go for the 50 watt brother. Its such a stupid good deal and if you like you can do the depth mod later. (or let someone handy with a solder do.) Apparently its quite simple job I heard. Do you absolutely need 100 tube watts anyway?

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Oct 16, 2013,
Quote by MaaZeus
According to internet lore its the same damn thing except comes with the Depth mod which turned out to be incredibly popular on the stock JCA50/100. Maybe tweaked FX Loop (like JCA22h) though I am not sure about that.

Something is off with Thomann pricing now. JCA100 used to be cheaper than HDM which is supposed to be improved version! Around the same price range as the JCA50 little brother which is still correctly priced 298€. If you like JCA100 I would go for the 50 watt brother. Its such a stupid good deal and if you like you can do the depth mod later. (or let someone handy with a solder do.) Apparently its quite simple job I heard. Do you absolutely need 100 tube watts anyway?

agreed. the jca 100 used to be only about 40 euros or so more than the jca50. if they're the same price i'd go with the HDM, but it's possible/probable that thomann has made a mistake with the pricing, so it might be worth waiting a day or two to see if they sort it out.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?