Page 1 of 3
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22002530

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24467534

Just a light bit of reading below but I was thinking...

What is everyone's opinion on the end of the world/developing tensions between countries/WW3/financial crisis etc.

I personally think that humans are heading towards a meltdown not too far in the future ie I don't think that we will see the next century or certainly not as we know it today. Not meaning to sound too despairing but I have little faith in humanity as a whole for correcting the problems we have created. So how long do you think we have left?

Happy wednesday guys!
I don't really care if we die tbh

I'm just living day by day
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Well the way I say things one day a terrorist group will get its hands on a nuke and detonate it in the US. Then, assuming the terrorists are Arabs, the US will turn the entire middle east into a smouldering, radioactive crater which will prompt Russia to attack due to the annihilation of its ally Syria. This will prompt North Korea to try to take advantage and declare war on America which will also draw all of America's allies into the war as well as China entering the war in defence of North Korea resulting into the end of humanity and most likely, all life on Earth with the exception of maybe some deep sea creatures.
Quote by N_J_B_B

Yeaaa. Me n this guy. Dude, we're just livin a quarter mile at a time.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

There are 7 billion humans around the world, living in almost all conditions and environments imagineable. It would be near impossible to make the human race extinct.
Quote by MadClownDisease
There are 7 billion humans around the world, living in almost all conditions and environments imagineable. It would be near impossible to make the human race extinct.

This. We could wipe out 99.9% of the Human race and there would still be a viable population of human beings many times over.
I'm still holding out for a zombie apocalypse. Or at least for something amazing to happen.
¯\_()_/¯
Quote by iwannabesedated
This. We could wipe out 99.9% of the Human race and there would still be a viable population of human beings many times over.

Wiping out most of the population doesn't seem like such a catastrophe to me as we might be able rebuild humanity without all the current f*** ups.

Go on North Korea, press that button....
hope so, mankind is scum
Quote by mattgreen2205
Wiping out most of the population doesn't seem like such a catastrophe to me as we might be able rebuild humanity without all the current f*** ups.

Humanity got to the way it is on its own, why should a second time be any different?
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by mattgreen2205

We could also rebuild with more **** ups or fail to really successfully rebuild for quite a long time.
Someone made this same thread at the beginning of the 20th century, if I remember correctly.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by Carnivean
Someone made this same thread at the beginning of the 20th century, if I remember correctly.

Yeah I think it was the church
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by mattgreen2205

+ 1
ayy lmao
Quote by MadClownDisease

Quote by Carnivean

This thread wrapped up nicely I believe. Not to mention we're in a much better position now than we were 30 years ago. The Cold War represented a much higher probability of full-scale nuclear war, at the moment, it is a slim possibility that we could have some variety of nuclear incident, but nowhere near an earth-population threatening event. North Korea is the only state on the planet with a leader dumb enough to even threaten nuclear warfare, and no one's got their back, even the closest communist power; China, will most likely take the side of their client-states than that of a lunatic despot running his country into the ground. As for terrorist incident, that is the responsibilty of an insurgant organisation and no remotely rational leader on earth would cause the nuclear holocaust just to get revenge on someone unrelated to the incident just because they're of the same race.

The biggest threat to the survival of mankind is currently the environment, be more worried about that. Thankfully, we're making progress and increasing humanity's life-span considerably at the moment, so if anything our chances of surviving as a species have increased exponentially in the last few decades.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
Last edited by EqualOfHeaven at Oct 16, 2013,
Only if our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ decides to make it so

And this is just relevant enough for me to post
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I imagine we're going to all be killed off by reading stupid threads.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Times are gonna get tough, then a little tougher when our hottest days become our coldest around 2047. The only real thing we have going for us is science and innovation
Every generation thinks theirs is living in the end of days. So far every generation has been wrong.

Every generation has had their hardships. We'll have ours. But there's not going to be the big paradigm shift everyone's looking for.
Last edited by Seref at Oct 16, 2013,
Quote by MakinLattes
It sounds like the opportunity for an adventure.

This
Sail upon the open skies
I think that the end of the world may not be due to war because no one is stupid enough to go into war without any guaranteed back up. The end of the world could quite possibly be from AI's revolting like Terminator, nature wants to kill us like in After Earth, some scientist created a global pandemic which could cause a zombie apocalypse or some type of deadly virus, or someone is really stupid enough to cause a nuclear war. The possibilities could be endless.
Quote by N_J_B_B

Same here. I'm expecting it, but I'm just not timing it.

Who knows? There might be a meteor a bagillion times larger than our planet moving as fast as a speeding bullet ready to hit. Life could end in literally the blink of an eye.

Can't do anything about it but accept it and move on.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I dont see the big wigs up top wanting full scale world war or nuclear war. Russia.China,Korea,Syria and such might have issues with us and other countires but no one is going to push the button that ends the world. Or even one that starts it regardless of how "strong" these leaders are no one will make that first real move. They will talk a big game and hold wars but no one is just gonna wipe out anyone else.

Only way i see us wiped out is another race coming from outside our solar system or we finally **** up and create the ultimate virus (zombie or otherwise).
Knowledge is power
i wish i had my finger on the button
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by smittyanthrax
WW3 will finish us off.Nuclear holocaust within the next 20-30 years.

The only threat to humans is humans.
Quote by SwoobGuitar
The only threat to humans is humans.

That's a rather ignorant view.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by the bartender
That's a rather ignorant view.

More of a realistic view. It's not like all of a sudden cats are going to come together and rebel against humanity and scratch everyone's eyes out while they're sleeping is it?
I think that people worry too much about these things. People thought that Cuba/Russia was going to go to nuclear war with America from the 60's-late 80's/early 90's and everything ended okay there. I don't really think that anyone has the balls to potentially wipe the out the human race.
cig
Quote by Nero Galon
More of a realistic view. It's not like all of a sudden cats are going to come together and rebel against humanity and scratch everyone's eyes out while they're sleeping is it?
I dunno, the elements, pathogens and large animals were pretty good at killing us before the late 19th century.
Quote by seanlang01
I dunno, the elements, pathogens and large animals were pretty good at killing us before the late 19th century.

And now in the 21st century we're smart enough to avoid them.
Quote by Nero Galon
And now in the 21st century we're smart enough to avoid them.

i saw several the flu's the other day and successfully stayed away.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Page 1 of 3