I've tried out a couple of Cowons (thank f*ck amazon let you return stuff)

Basically, though they have an amazing sound quality..with the ones I've tried I f*cking hate the UI. It's absurdly counterintuitive and awkward.

So far I've tried the i10 and the d20 (the only ones I could jsut about afford) just arrived and hoenstly I'm nae too fond on using either of them.

Does anyone know of any models without the extremely sh*tty UI?

'Cause it'd be a shame to sacrifice the sound quality, and they seem to be the only decent make to do decent 32gb players.

Any help? Thanks,
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
sounds kind of bestiality esque

Mind you I only read the title, not the post

EDIT: or robotic cows

COW ON!

I could rule the world
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
My dad actually just bought one funnily enough.

Seriously, the sound quality is amazing, like seriously amazing for an mp3 player.

Agreed the UI is awful, like unacceptable but I assume you could get used to it in time if you have the patience.

A good compromise is a sony walkman NWZ-Z1060 32GB. That's what I use currently and the sound quality and UI are both excellent and you can get apps as it runs on android, however if the price is too much you can get a smaller non-android touch walkman for around £120.

Don't go apple, the sound quality is awful no matter the file size of the music.]

Hope that helps.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Quote by ProgFripp74
My dad actually just bought one funnily enough.

Seriously, the sound quality is amazing, like seriously amazing for an mp3 player.

Agreed the UI is awful, like unacceptable but I assume you could get used to it in time if you have the patience.

A good compromise is a sony walkman NWZ-Z1060 32GB. That's what I use currently and the sound quality and UI are both excellent and you can get apps as it runs on android, however if the price is too much you can get a smaller non-android touch walkman for around £120.

Don't go apple, the sound quality is awful no matter the file size of the music.]

Hope that helps.

The non android one, is it still 32 gb? And how does it compare to the Cowon, sound wise?
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
I would've gotten here faster but there was a cowon the road.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I was actually just reading an article the other day about this very subject.

It's my understanding that Rockbox was created for this very problem. It's firmware that you can install over the existing UI that makes everything much more intuitive.

I cannot confirm whether or not it will work on the device(s) you have though.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
sounds kind of bestiality esque

Mind you I only read the title, not the post

EDIT: or robotic cows

COW ON!

I could rule the world

when your burger gets all cold and hard, it's appropriate to say that you have a Cowon
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Krieger91
The non android one, is it still 32 gb? And how does it compare to the Cowon, sound wise?

Well I've had the 16gb about a year and a half so I don't know what the updated version is like as far as memory and sound are like but the sound quality of mine is very good if you have files in 320kbps or above with good headphones.

If you are obsessed with sound quality go for the cowan, use lossless files, get extremely good headphones and just live with the UI, otherwise if you can compromise go for a walkman.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Quote by archangels
I was actually just reading an article the other day about this very subject.

It's my understanding that Rockbox was created for this very problem. It's firmware that you can install over the existing UI that makes everything much more intuitive.

I cannot confirm whether or not it will work on the device(s) you have though.

Does Rockbox work on Cowon players though? Because I was under the impression Rockbox is for iPods mainly.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Oct 16, 2013,
I have no idea what Cowon has been up to lately since I stopped following that stuff years ago, but last I remember Cowons in general were excellence quality and had the best bang for your buck factor on the market.
I remember wanting a Cowon really badly a few years ago; now I just see them as overpriced mp3 players. Sansa clip + Rockbox + 320kbps + Audio Technica ATH-ES55 is for me the perfect portable audio set up. Good overall value and great sound.

I would use the money from the Cowon and build up a good home audio system if you don't have one.
Last edited by Duffman123 at Oct 16, 2013,