Hello

I have recently purchased a new guitar being the syn gates custom s and i am looking for a amp around £1000 max which will make a a7x sound. I have been reccomended the Lanley ironheart IRT120H. Can someone share there opinion if this would be a good amp fro providing me with a a7x sound. Im not very good with amp specs

Thanks all
Well, the laney is a very good amp. It is also very versatile, and will go from good cleans to t3h br00tz easily. It will do solid A7x tones.
However, there many be better options. Fill in the form found in the rules and resources sticky and we can find you something.
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

Sorry im new here can you explain where to find the form . I suck :L

Fill in the form found in the rules and resources sticky and we can find you
Last edited by qznickzq at Oct 16, 2013,
Quote by qznickzq
Sorry im new here can you explain where to find the form . I suck :L

Fill in the form found in the rules and resources sticky and we can find you

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31052894&postcount=2

Use that format and post the answers HERE, not there, you'll get plenty of responses that way.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Doesn't zacky vengeance use a jet city? They're pretty cheap on thomann and also on the UK's own jet city online store.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, ZV uses the Jet City JCA100. They say it is bone stock with a custom tolex job.

Or the awesome new Schecter Hellwin Synister Gates sig amp. That would go awesome with the Syn Custom guitar you have. Be sure to have black hair, black finger nails and some rad skinny jeans, deff rocker wear
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Syn has his custom Schecter amp as far as i know.
Zacky could be using them or some boosted marshall?

Hell, i dont know anymore..

Edit: I love the IronHeart amps though. Would get a great tone out of them
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Last edited by Carrot at Oct 16, 2013,
Quote by Robbgnarly
Yeah, ZV uses the Jet City JCA100. They say it is bone stock with a custom tolex job.

Or the awesome new Schecter Hellwin Synister Gates sig amp. That would go awesome with the Syn Custom guitar you have. Be sure to have black hair, black finger nails and some rad skinny jeans, deff rocker wear

Haha would love that hellwin amp but i think with a cab it would cost a good 2 grand and i dont know where i can get it in the UK. I will definitely look into the jet city amp Thanks for that the people who posted
Quote by Arby911
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31052894&postcount=2

Use that format and post the answers HERE, not there, you'll get plenty of responses that way.

Cheers

Budget- maximum i am hoping to spend is £1000

Genres - Metal and rock mostly. Would like a clean aswell for my other guitars for things like the chilli peppers etc

New or Used - Either

Home or Gig? - Both

Closest City? - Live inside London central

Current Gear? - Syn custom S. Fender strat american standered. Epiphone Les paul.
Quote by Carrot
Syn has his custom Schecter amp as far as i know.
Zacky could be using them or some boosted marshall?

Hell, i dont know anymore..

Edit: I love the IronHeart amps though. Would get a great tone out of them

From the videos i have seen the ironheart sounds really nice. I have looked at the jet city ones and they look limited compared to the ironheart but they are cheaper so still one to consider. I know synyster used to use a marshal but that was a few years ago now and there still pretty expensive. Too many choices to go through haha.
Quote by qznickzq
From the videos i have seen the ironheart sounds really nice. I have looked at the jet city ones and they look limited compared to the ironheart but they are cheaper so still one to consider. I know synyster used to use a marshal but that was a few years ago now and there still pretty expensive. Too many choices to go through haha.

Im sure at one point it was a JCM 900 SL-X boosted?
I dont know.
Never played a Jet City but some people seem to love them for what they do.
Ive been considering getting either the 2 channel head or the 50 watt head.
But i played my mates IRT60 and its made the decision that bit tougher now..

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
I dont know.

Hey I have just taken a look around for the Marshall amp and it was the Marshall JVM205H
This with a cab doesn't look like more then £1100 so I might stretch my wallet for it. Apparently there amps are pretty versatile so it would be Nice to get other types of genres from it aswell. Has anyone had any experiences with this amp? Too hard picking out a amp which will suit everything .
Quote by Carrot
I dont know.

Just for further information apparently before the Marshall JVM205H in 2010 he used the JCM800. Not sure if that is correct or not but the Marshall JVM205H looks more versatile and he used it for more of his recent stuff before hail to the king.
just realised you have a £1k budget and we were suggesting £200 amps lol.
Have you looked at:
Engl Savage/Invader (only ones ive played)
Blackstar series one 200/1006L6
Mesa Boogie Mark 4?

Im sure theres more to check out by my mind has come a blank

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
Have you looked at:
Mesa Boogie Mark 4?

Thanks I will check these amps out tonight when I get home from work. Mesa boogies seem to have a good reputation. Still new to amps this will be my 1st big one and 1st non combo.
Quote by qznickzq
Thanks I will check these amps out tonight when I get home from work. Mesa boogies seem to have a good reputation. Still new to amps this will be my 1st big one and 1st non combo.

Those are all 2nd hand btw.
Do you have a cab already? Or is that gonna be included in the budget?

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
I think a JVM would work really well for that. Splawn QuickRod/Nitro might be worth checking out as well, but you'll have to boost it.
I remember hearing that they used Marshalls for a long long time. I thought it was a boosted Jcm 800, but I could be wrong. I've heard great things about Jet City's tone, and plenty rant and rave about them.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
+1 to Jet City. Given your budget I'd go for a JCA100HDM.

Alternatively, you might be able to score a used Soldano Hot Rod Plus, 50 or 100. I'm not sure how much they go for where you live.

a Marshall DSL might do the trick, it wouldn't be my first choice (I'd rather have a Jet City or Soldano for that tone, personally).

All that stuff is for their modern tone (last 2-3 albums). If you want their older tone, the only thing that might be swingable in your budget would be a Mesa Dual Rectifier (again not sure how much they go for over there), or maybe a Peavey JSX (when I had mine, I could get some damn good alt metal tones out of it, similar to Dual Rec tones, a la Three Days Grace).
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Carrot
Have you looked at:
Mesa Boogie Mark 4?

Well Zacky V actually uses the JCA100h, so that makes a hell of a lot of sense to recommend what the guy actually uses and it just so happens it is cheap too.

Besides you will not find a Mark IV outside of the USA for less than 1000 anythings
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
My DSL did a great job at nailing the "city of evil" area tones, and around those albums before I did the c12 mod. Now it sounds like the most recent album but with a little less thickness and "hair" on it. Which I think comes across nicely in the mix of a live setting for what I need it for, so I'm cool with it. I just read that the new album was done ALL on Syns new amp. If you're into the band its a pretty cool read.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/avenged-sevenfold-talk-songwriting-and-hail-to-the-king-586384
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Quote by Katsock
My DSL did a great job at nailing the "city of evil" area tones, and around those albums before I did the c12 mod. Now it sounds like the most recent album but with a little less thickness and "hair" on it. Which I think comes across nicely in the mix of a live setting for what I need it for, so I'm cool with it. I just read that the new album was done ALL on Syns new amp. If you're into the band its a pretty cool read.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/avenged-sevenfold-talk-songwriting-and-hail-to-the-king-586384

That was a pretty good article. I will look into the Marshall DSL series aswell . Do they do a good all round sound for most genres?
Quote by Robbgnarly
Well Zacky V actually uses the JCA100h, so that makes a hell of a lot of sense to recommend what the guy actually uses and it just so happens it is cheap too.

yeah that's kind of the logic i was using. just because he has £1000 doesn't mean he has to spend £1000 if there's something cheaper that'll do it just as well, maybe better.

I mean the "real" soldanos start at about £1500, and that's for the head alone, and for the single channel avenger. better than the jet city? Sure. But the jet cities are still pretty good, especially for how little they cost.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Id go with the Jet City 100 head then.
Boost it and go crazy.

With the left over money, take you and your mrs out for a nice meal

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
the price on the 100 on thomann was weird the other day (same price as the HDM). I'd maybe wait to see if the price gets sensible again, it should be only slightly more than the 50 watt head (which is ~£250).

or you could always get it from the UK jet city online store.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by qznickzq
That was a pretty good article. I will look into the Marshall DSL series aswell . Do they do a good all round sound for most genres?

The DSL is pretty generally accepted. While I play in a Pop Rock band that focuses on aheavier tone, I do play a wide variety of sounds and playhours of cover material. There are also TONS of Mods to do on a DSL. I recommend the older DSL post 2004. It covers metal and hard rock, has a great clean channel, great crunch, and just sounds generally awesome. These are my opinions, but a lot of people will agree. It has gain for DAYS, but I never take the lead 1 gain over 6-7.

There are tons of options with pedals and such. Fun to play around with. Best of luck!
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify