So I've googled this topic and though there are lots of great ideas and theories, not ONCE did I read an actual solution where the person said something worked and the noise went away.

Here is my story and I appreciate any assistance we are able to receive for sure:

We live near a radio tower field and very often we receive the radio station signal through our amplifiers. As it turns out, this seems to happen when we are trying to record, go figure. We have two different amplifiers, acoustic, electric. We have 4 guitars (2 acoustic, 2 electric) we use premium cabling for EVERYTHING. It does not matter if we run in just signal from our laptop to supply a track, whether we use either of the acoustic rigs, or either of the electric guitar rigs. It does not matter what electrical outlet we use. It doesn't matter if we run through a sound conditioner. It doesn't matter if we extend the cords. It doesn't matter if we use short cords or long cords. It doesn't matter if we run through a back-up battery system. It doesn't matter if we use an electrical outlet filter. It doesn't matter if we are just playing music through without any guitar hooked up. All the guitars have been rewired with premium shielding. Once the radio stations start coming. It never goes away. It is a poltergeist!

Does anyone have any ideas that, aside from what we've done above, can make this stop?

Thank you again!
Cut open the wires and pour water on them whilst they're still plugged in. I believe that solves it.
The reception or transmission of radio waves, a form of electromagnetic radiation, to or from an antenna within a Faraday cage is heavily attenuated or blocked by the cage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage
Last edited by CodeMonk at Oct 16, 2013,
Just record with it, people love lo-fi shit at the moment. Everything you do will sound like Burial.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Ya it's been said, look up Faraday cage.

Also, if you live really close to a tower that's powerful enough, and if it's emitting an especially powerful signal, you might just be shit out of luck.

And no, it's not a poltergeist, I used to get radio signals all the time through my old shitty Danelectro pedal. Radio signals can travel ridiculously far distances in extremely short amounts of time, that's because they're made to be powerful so people from all over can listen. That why although I live 160km from Potsdam, NY I can get their FM frequency crystal clear from my 1999 Volks radio. Don't be surprised if you can't escape the fact that every metallic object in your house is probably cycling to that frequency of the tower right beside your house.

Think of it man, you can send a radio signal across the atlantic, and it's so fast and powerful that it will be received on the other side at the same time the sound waves from the speaker in your room start to bark. This being said, you live beside a radio tower, are you really surprised now?
Well, as it turns out I decided to just "home run" my own ground wire to the panel. So, I broke out the drywall, drilled a hole in the wall and spent $7 on the solid ground wire. I guess I'll have to repair the wall so that may cost a few dollars more.

Long story even longer, home running the ground wire to the electrical panel actually worked!

That being said, what a bummer that so many people here were the opposite of helpful. I guess the good thing is you can troll the boards and entertain yourselves >

Metalblaster, thank you for at least trying to offer common sense thinking mang!

I hope in the future if I have any need for advice I can come here and get some serious, helpful responses. One must consider that with feeling the desperation of having to come to a forum for answers, it is highly disappointing receive such a high amount of sarcasm.
Quote by DReyRose
I hope in the future if I have any need for advice I can come here and get some serious, helpful responses. One must consider that with feeling the desperation of having to come to a forum for answers, it is highly disappointing receive such a high amount of sarcasm.

If you are looking for serious help, the pit will not be the help you need.

On the other hand, you will always get creative solutions to the problem you have.

Faraday Cage seemed like a good idea, but I guess a grounding wire works too....

Although it would make an awesome story to say you recorded in an EMR resistant room with ultra high quality sound.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
Quote by rabidguitarist
Just record with it, people love lo-fi shit at the moment. Everything you do will sound like Burial.

should have done this
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~