Poll: Should we discard them
Poll Options
View poll results: Should we discard them
Yes, it is our responsibility to stop them before they do damage.
11 29%
No, if we do, how are we any better than they are?
27 71%
Voters: 38.
Page 1 of 2
Say there is a way to tell, at infancy, if a person was going to develop into a psychopath, and there is no medical or therapeutic way to stop this from happening. These are the natural born psychopaths, ones that regardless of their environment simply do not have the necessary brain functions to feel the full spectrum of human emotion and compassion/empathy. Do you think that it is our responsibility to end that persons life then and there?

Discuss.
Personally I think we should exile them from the playing field rather than discarding them.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
No. Historically defined "psychopaths" make up the majority of your special operations forces.
My God, it's full of stars!
You mean politicians?

... Yes.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by WhiskeyFace
Pretty sure psychopaths aren't always killers.

this.

hasn't someone said that a lot of big business executives are psychopaths? don't know if they ever backed it up with anything though.

can we discard them first? the babies haven't done anything wrong yet.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
No psychopaths no government, military personnel, artists, gta 5, movies, and such.

I think it's better suited to say that if a baby is known to have murderous tendencies, put them on an island with cameras and create a reality show.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Just because someone isn't a killer doesn't mean that they can't be bad people. Just being killer doesn't necessarily make you abad person either, unless you think soldiers are all bad people (in which case you're wrong).
Last edited by macashmack at Oct 16, 2013,
Quote by Dreadnought
No. Historically defined "psychopaths" make up the majority of your special operations forces.

So put them all into military academies at birth?
Quote by macashmack

But srsly do you want to take on all the risks that psychopaths bring to society just so every once in a blue moon one will do something funny?

i don't think you understand the definition of a psychopath.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
You could consider Hitler a psychopath, but how could you have ever known he would have been responsible for the worst conflict in human history when he was just a kid?
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i don't think you understand the definition of a psychopath.

I don't think anyone else in this thread does.
Quote by macashmack
I don't think anyone else in this thread does.

Psychopathic traits are like unreliability, charming but antisocial, constantly calm, egocentric, impulsive, poor judgment, etc

not really someone who doesn't deserve to live

If it were someone that's gonna definitely be a killer like you seem to think then yeah, I'd argue it's best to get rid of them as a baby if the parents are okay with it but that isn't the case.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Last edited by Bob_Sacamano at Oct 16, 2013,
Quote by Jostry
You could consider Hitler a psychopath, but how could you have ever known he would have been responsible for the worst conflict in human history when he was just a kid?

Exactly. How would you determine what "damage" someone is going to potentially do at birth, based on the state of their brain at birth?

@TS:
Fyi, not all psychopaths are killers. Most are just what people would call egocentric and selfish bastards.
I think we should define psychopath first before we continue. From what I remember in psychology class most people don't really know what that word even means.
Quote by CodeMonk
So put them all into military academies at birth?

No definitely not; military academies only serve to turn the sane insane, and the psychopathic into brain-dumb semihumans
My God, it's full of stars!
Can we just turn them into psychics?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Psychopaths are better suited in certain trolley problems so hell naw.
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
Quote by Masquirina
On the other hand plenty of surgeons, lawyers, and completely non-destructive people are also technically sociopaths. The idea is kind of unsettling but of course none of them deserve to die.

What?
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Psychopathic traits are like unreliability, charming but antisocial, constantly calm, egocentric, impulsive, poor judgment, etc

So like Todd?
this reminds me of when Dr. Phil brought some troubled kid on his show and proceeded to tell him he showed 18 of the 20 signs of a psychopath.

thanks for the self-fulfilling prophecy Dr. Phil. how professional of you.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

not really someone who doesn't deserve to live

If it were someone that's gonna definitely be a killer like you seem to think then yeah, I'd argue it's best to get rid of them as a baby if the parents are okay with it but that isn't the case.

Coming from tod.
Also, who would be the governing body that oversees who goes and who doesn't?

Oh, yeah, right. Republicans.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by mystical_1
Also, who would be the governing body that oversees who goes and who doesn't?

Oh, yeah, right. Republicans.

I doubt either party would support this. Maybe the US communist party would back it -- big maybe though.
Of course, we have a social responsibility to kill people for crimes they may possibly at some point, but probably won't commit. Hell... why stop with "discarding" psychopaths? It's our responsibility to breed a better race...... So let's get rid of blacks, jews, gays, irish, italians, hispanics, autistic people, the obese, the mentally ******ed, the physically impaired, did I leave anyone out? If only there were some place we could put these people, some type of area to keep them separate from the rest of the populace and extract free labour from them whilst they await their execution. Why whatever would we call such a wonderous place?

The idea that even three people take eugenics seriously in 2013 disturbs me. Maybe we should..... erm..... "discard" the three people who voted "yes" as they may have a chance of becoming the next Adolf Hitler.
Quote by Second Rate
Of course, we have a social responsibility to kill people for crimes they may possibly at some point, but probably won't commit. Hell... why stop with "discarding" psychopaths? It's our responsibility to breed a better race...... So let's get rid of blacks, jews, gays, irish, italians, hispanics, autistic people, the obese, the mentally ******ed, the physically impaired, did I leave anyone out? If only there were some place we could put these people, some type of area to keep them separate from the rest of the populace and extract free labour from them whilst they await their execution. Why whatever would we call such a wonderous place?

The idea that even three people take eugenics seriously in 2013 disturbs me. Maybe we should..... erm..... "discard" the three people who voted "yes" as they may have a chance of becoming the next Adolf Hitler.

That was already done before during the 18th century.
Its called Australia these days.
Quote by Masquirina

Totally thought that was Trevor from Iron Man 3...
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
http://www.merriam-webster.com/medical/psychopath

There's a definition. Enjoy, people.

That definition isn't very current; of course it literally means "psycho", of the mind, and "path" as in pathology or illness, but usually people are referring to Robert Hare's definition of psychopath. It refers to the so called "morally insane".
Quote by longduo
I think it's better suited to say that if a baby is known to have murderous tendencies, put them on an island with cameras and create a reality show.
rs 07 gold
2007 runescape gold

Superjail brah.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
It sucks that individuals who have been victimized or had numerous/continuously negative experiences with people exhibiting these traits are much less likely to trust others. But no we should never just reciprocate damage, it's equally cruel.

Okay I'm thinking this thread was probably a joke question heh.
Page 1 of 2