THIS IS STRICTLY YOUR OWN OPINION!

Hello, I was wondering, (See top) what is the most metal guitar you can think of for under $2000?

It can be anything from a Epiphone SG to a ESP Prelawsuit EXP

(Note: I am just making this for the replies, your personal opinions, etc., as I want to see how wacky some of the replies are )
Ibanez Iceman/Fireman/Destroyer
Gibson Explorer
Squier "Hello Kitty" Strat

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Hello Kitty Squier Strat, Line 6 spider amp and all the natty ice you can buy with the left over money = metal
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Ibanez RG prestige, ESP Maverick (hard to find these day though), Any Caparison is badass in my opinion but most of them are just a little bit over 2k, +1 for Ibanez Iceman, Jackson Warroir.

And Last of all B.C Rich Stealth (Chuck Schuldiner guitar)
Jackson DK2FS
Fernandes FR-65

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
Marshal 1922 2x12 (V-30, Greenback)
Ibanez RG (one of the Japanese made ones, or one of the older 90's Korean made ones)
Jackson Pro Series
Charvel San Dimas
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
IMHO, "most metal" and "most brutal" guitar really seems like a silly concept.

Of the most metal/brutal players I know, most own something sorta black and pointy with an extra string or two and leave it at that. It ain't the tool -- it's what you do with it. After that, it's just costuming.

I built this one:

I play one of these (new acquisition), which allows me to select drop tunings instantly:

And I have all manner of superstrat and LP style guitars (like this one) that seem to work pretty well for metal:

Last edited by dspellman at Oct 17, 2013,
This

Anything from BC Rich. Oh, and the guitar Dimebag used (Dean). Also pointier Flying V and Explorer style guitars.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Last edited by MaggaraMarine at Oct 17, 2013,
Quote by MaggaraMarine
This

OK...I snorted.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I could probably get something pretty hellacious from certain US luthiers I know for $1500-2000.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
That James Trussart regrettably costs alot more than 2k ^^

(what a beauty tho..)
Quote by MaggaraMarine
This

Anything from BC Rich. Oh, and the guitar Dimebag used (Dean). Also pointier Flying V and Explorer style guitars.

That's hilarious.
Up for the djent one and the hello kitty squier.
I would also add the Avril Lavigne telecaster and the Schecter Hellraiser 007FR special edition.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
t3h wangcaster
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

Quote by dspellman
IMHO, "most metal" and "most brutal" guitar really seems like a silly concept.

Of the most metal/brutal players I know, most own something sorta black and pointy with an extra string or two and leave it at that. It ain't the tool -- it's what you do with it. After that, it's just costuming.

I built this one:

That is one sexy guitar. I have always loved the X/Warrior/Stealth and Explorer body shapes and this is like a combination of both. Turn the floyd into fixed bridge and I would get a serious GAS attack.

That said, the most br00tz guitar shape that does not border ridiculous is the above mentioned X/Warrior/Stealth. Its just looks mean. Also, contrary to what people who scoff at pointy designs say, it is actually surprisingly practical shape. You can sit down with it in normal posture like normal guitar (unlike V), but in classical posture it also locks itself in place just like V guitar. However, unlike V guitars, thanks to the lower long front fin it raises itself in better angle without need for footstool or raising your foot (which just tenses up after a while and starts to hurt). And standing up if you want some extra stability for difficult segment, you can just press your thigh against the short lower fin just like you can with Rhoads V guitars.

Simply put, its not just pointy and "edgy" shape just for the sake of br00tz looks, like your typical Warlock shape and such are. Its awesome all around.

Well, they tend to be neck heavy without some careful strap button placement and maybe some weight help... B.C Rich Chuck Schuldiner Stealth is infamous for that.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Oct 17, 2013,
Quote by MaggaraMarine
This

LOL!

Although I have to point an inaccuracy. How can you get a Drop Z tuning without a second string?

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3

whatever your favorite flavor of Rhoads is.

or

Les Paul Custom. because nothing beats having class. (pretty sure the Gibson one is way out of your budget, but the epi one will leave you lots of money to upgrade with emgs and other toys)

Honorable mentions:
Dean v's and Mls
Jackson Dinkies and warriors
almost every ESP model
and some Ibanez and schecter.
Last edited by Downfall360 at Oct 17, 2013,
I have this

with an EMG 81 at the bridge

Total cost $119 on ebay with a hardcase...

Looks new as well. However pretty much any Ibanez RG or ESP LTD should give you some solid sound with decent pu's for 1/2 of what you are looking to spend....