Ok. So I've been really into the Behringer pedals because of the price. So today I got all my pedals in the mail and began tuning them in. 2 things happened:

1. The HM300 distortion pedal and the PO300 Overdrive pedal turn the volume WAY down when used together, then when I turn one of them off it seems to leave behind a really dirty fuzzy signal to the amp. I'm thinking the overdrive pedal already contains some distortion because combining the distortion pedal with my tube screamer works just fine.

2. My graphic EQ gives off alot of feedback when I combine it with the overdrive pedal. I moved it to the beginning of my pedal chain and it fixed it for now, but I'm not sure what causes this to prevent it.
Wait, why do you have THREE OD/D pedals? The Tube Screamer is an Overdrive Pedal, and then you're adding the PO300 AND a distortion pedal. I can understand using them as stand-alone or mixing 2 together, but please tell me you're not using 3 at the same time.

That aside, check to make sure all the little cords in between your pedals are working correctly. I've had all kinds of problems with those in the past. Best way is to troubleshoot them individually from amp to guitar.

Aside from that, I'm not entirely sure why you'd be having trouble getting a signal through unless maybe there are settings (Perhaps output/volume?) on the Distortion, OD, and Tube Screamer that need tweaked, but I'm not expert on using three different distortion pedals. In all honesty, I'd recommend switching one of the OD pedals for a stand-alone boost pedal. I can only imagine that it would sound like mud if you got it working (the three pedals working at the same time). I know that even when I run a fuzz pedal and an OD through at the same time it sounds pretty obnoxious.

Also, that dirty fuzzy signal is totally normal. Your pedals probably don't have true bypass on them. Any amp isn't going to be silent when you turn it on. There's always a faint 'white noise' sort of thing happening. When you distort the signal, you're distorting the white noise. That's what I THINK you're hearing. A noise gate could take care of that, but those will often times make your tone kinda shitty. I wouldn't worry about it.

Also, EQ should almost always be first in the chain (unless you've got a second EQ pedal). Think of it this way: You want your guitar's signal to be EQ'd clean and first rather than after it's distorted/compressed/wah'd/etc because that EQ is going to effect all of the others in the chain. I've heard of people EQing after the dirt pedals, but most say to do that only if you have a second EQ to put before the dirt.
Last edited by mjones1992 at Oct 17, 2013,
Sounds like a case of overclipping of the signal, similar to what happens if a transistor based fuzz pedal is placed before an op amp based distortion pedal.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
Quote by mjones1992
Wait, why do you have THREE OD/D pedals? The Tube Screamer is an Overdrive Pedal, and then you're adding the PO300 AND a distortion pedal. I can understand using them as stand-alone or mixing 2 together, but please tell me you're not using 3 at the same time.

That aside, check to make sure all the little cords in between your pedals are working correctly. I've had all kinds of problems with those in the past. Best way is to troubleshoot them individually from amp to guitar.

Aside from that, I'm not entirely sure why you'd be having trouble getting a signal through unless maybe there are settings (Perhaps output/volume?) on the Distortion, OD, and Tube Screamer that need tweaked, but I'm not expert on using three different distortion pedals. In all honesty, I'd recommend switching one of the OD pedals for a stand-alone boost pedal. I can only imagine that it would sound like mud if you got it working (the three pedals working at the same time). I know that even when I run a fuzz pedal and an OD through at the same time it sounds pretty obnoxious.

Also, that dirty fuzzy signal is totally normal. Your pedals probably don't have true bypass on them. Any amp isn't going to be silent when you turn it on. There's always a faint 'white noise' sort of thing happening. When you distort the signal, you're distorting the white noise. That's what I THINK you're hearing. A noise gate could take care of that, but those will often times make your tone kinda shitty. I wouldn't worry about it.

Also, EQ should almost always be first in the chain (unless you've got a second EQ pedal). Think of it this way: You want your guitar's signal to be EQ'd clean and first rather than after it's distorted/compressed/wah'd/etc because that EQ is going to effect all of the others in the chain. I've heard of people EQing after the dirt pedals, but most say to do that only if you have a second EQ to put before the dirt.

Haha no I'm not running all 3 at once. I got the tube screamer so I can coil tap and get a really strong tube sound. I saw the distortion and the normal overdrive pedal used together in a review I watched and it sounded pretty good. They both work fine on their own, but I just would like to see them work together if I can. The levels are set to 12:00 on both.
Ok now I've found out that the PO300 comes out extremely muddy by itself when played through the neck or both pickups. The bridge pickup is fine but I'm afraid I'm gonna blow the speaker out of my amp if I play too loud with the neck.
Quote by 6string_ninja
Ok now I've found out that the PO300 comes out extremely muddy by itself when played through the neck or both pickups. The bridge pickup is fine but I'm afraid I'm gonna blow the speaker out of my amp if I play too loud with the neck.

Just send it back or sell/trade it and get something else then man.

You gave it an honest shot and the pedal did not deliver.
Quote by 6string_ninja
Ok. So I've been really into the Behringer pedals because of the price. So today I got all my pedals in the mail and began tuning them in. 2 things happened:

There's your problem. Don't mean that in a dick'ish way, but there's a reason they're so cheap.
Quote by chip46
There's your problem. Don't mean that in a dick'ish way, but there's a reason they're so cheap.

Right I didnt mean to come of as a dick either but thanks for being the one to say that.

At the very least get a used Hardwire CM-2 or even a used Green Rhino by Way Huge.

I have a Green Rhino and that thing is superb.