I`ll play rock throught alternative rock, rock with wierd efect ,hardrock, grunge, melodic metall without shred special metal.
I prefer long sustain. Guitar have to be as comfortable as it could. I want to play clean too but prority is od channel.

I`ll buy too one of JCA50h/100h/100hdm. So guitar have to compatible with one of that amps.
I bought a mayones Setius GTM 6 for €1300 (about 3 years ago).
It's well-built, I love it, and it perfectly describes the specifications you gave.
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Quote by Lord Waltaa
I bought a mayones Setius GTM 6 for €1300 (about 3 years ago).
It's well-built, I love it, and it perfectly describes the specifications you gave.

I think your forgetting about something...exchange rates! We're talking U.S. dollars. Currently that amount in Euros is closer to the 2k mark. 3 years ago? I think it was even stronger, which would be favorable if the Euro has weakend.
the OD channel is a major concern with guitars.

you probably want a used PRS Custom 24, hugely versatile, great OD channel, comfy as hell.

Brand new shiney Gibson Les Paul Studio for $1350 or
Used Gibson Les Paul Studio for $800 then add pups of your choice or
Brand new not so shiny Gibson LPJ for $800 then add pups for your choice

Go for something post 2007 for the LP Studio as it will be chambered and lighter. For pups I'd go SD 59/JB if you like passive or EMG X series for active. The stock 498t and 490r are good but maybe not as metal as you want.

just my 2 cents.
You can find some awesome used Carvins on craigslist and ebay for <$1000 all day long.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
are you in teh US? carvin will get you a LOT for 1500 if you dont get teh crazy woods. crazy woods wil leat up a lot of that 1500 value, but if you want a painted, solid color, you can trick a DC series out....totally pimped out for about 1500. that may include aftermarket pickups installed afterwards.

carvin pups are good but not great. if you do make a selection, tell then you air aiming more for crunch / gain, their generally suggested humbucker set is versatile but not as well suited for the brootz.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
You can always go for one off the shelf high-end model from any reputable brands out there. I doubt that any of them will disappoint you. Go to a store and have a blast at them.

For 1500 buck I would go all out customization. Carvin or Warmoth, depends on how much assembling and wiring I am willing to make.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Check out Jon Kammerer guitars. I own 5: there're extremely well made, play like heaven, and his stock models start at $1500; custom starts around $2500.

http://jonkammerercustoms.com/help-template_003.htm

His standard electric guitars have the following options included for this price:

Satin or Gloss finish
24 fret fret board (with blind fret slotting*)
Multiple pickup configurations with single coils, humbuckers, or P-90's
Case included
Limited lifetime warranty
Your choice of Hard Maple, Soft Flame maple, Walnut, or Cherry for the body.
Gold, Chrome, or Black Hardware

And here's the thing: he's having a sale! 30% off in stock or new custom orders! (I may be adding JKG #6 to the collection sooner than I thought...)

* Blind fret slots are where the slot is stopped before the edge of the fret board. His are cut with a cutter that is .023 in diameter, it stops about 2 mm before the edge of the fret board. IOW, there is no exposed fret edge.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Oct 19, 2013,