I really like this type of stuff, but realized I have none of it in my itunes. All my music also got wiped recently so I have literally nothing left.

I liked Paul Gilberts Acoustic Samurai album, Tenacious D (I know it's comedy, but I actually like the sound and rhythm of the songs, too), Frank Turner, stuff like that.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Are you looking for technical talent, or good acoustic songwriters?
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Check out Vertical Horizon. Not sure if they're really "acoustic rock", but their first couple of albums were mostly acoustic and even their later albums which use a full band are still pretty amazing.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by mattgreen2205
Try Rodrigo y Gabriela. They are an acoustic rock duo with metal influences. Their covers of One, Orion and Stairway to Heaven are definitely worth checking out although all of their music is top notch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodrigo_y_Gabriela

I am REALLY digging this! That is extremely bad ass!

Quote by Toadvine
Are you looking for technical talent, or good acoustic songwriters?

Anything, really. Like I said in OP, I liked Paul Gilbert (shred guitarist) acoustic album, also digging Frank Turner (regular acoustic rock). Can't really tell much else because I don't know much other acoustic. I've been digging up so much electric overdriven rock for so long, I don't have much of an acoustic collection.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.