Hi, I need help on choosing an electric guitar I'm 4'11" woman and I'm planning to buy Ibanez guitar around $300. I need something that is not so big, but not the 3/4 size guitar.

TIA!
I would buy an ibanez s470. It has a very thin body. It is very comfortable and fairly light. I'm 6'4 200lbs, and the one I had felt like a toothpick to me. The S series is a nice guitar and they start around 250 on ebay.
I would agree, the S series can be found on ebay cheap, they are thin light and decent, I don't like the medium frets though, you may be fine with it. becarful of the low end GiO series, as you can spend a little more on the non-GiO and get better quality.

The RG's are good little thicker body and heavier, the neck's feel wider and jumbo frets feel faster to play....

if you are a smaller person the Mikro's from ibanez might fit you well. they play decent as well..

I would recommend for $300 look at some of the ESP LTD's as well, they are really solid in the under $300 price tag.

here are a few ebay links to show the options of buying used... (not my listings just an example)
Ibanez S

Ibanez RG

ESP LTD MH
Last edited by beanamid at Oct 17, 2013,
When you say "not so big", do you mean the actual whole guitar or its neck? there are definitely things you can do with both those things to make it slightly easier on you. Scale length, nut width and things like that will have an effect on how easy the guitar is to play if you have smaller hands. Guitar body size and shape will have an effect on how big the entire instrument is.

a lot of it is personal preference, too- just because something is theoretically slightly smaller doesn't necessarily mean you'll like it more.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
When you say "not so big", do you mean the actual whole guitar or its neck? there are definitely things you can do with both those things to make it slightly easier on you. Scale length, nut width and things like that will have an effect on how easy the guitar is to play if you have smaller hands. Guitar body size and shape will have an effect on how big the entire instrument is.

a lot of it is personal preference, too- just because something is theoretically slightly smaller doesn't necessarily mean you'll like it more.

Maybe a smaller body. I also have a small hands but I don't mind using a medium fret.
Quote by beanamid
I would agree, the S series can be found on ebay cheap, they are thin light and decent, I don't like the medium frets though, you may be fine with it. becarful of the low end GiO series, as you can spend a little more on the non-GiO and get better quality.

The RG's are good little thicker body and heavier, the neck's feel wider and jumbo frets feel faster to play....

if you are a smaller person the Mikro's from ibanez might fit you well. they play decent as well..

I would recommend for $300 look at some of the ESP LTD's as well, they are really solid in the under $300 price tag.

here are a few ebay links to show the options of buying used... (not my listings just an example)
Ibanez S

Ibanez RG

ESP LTD MH

Gio series really that bad? I was eyeing on it.
Of course they're a bit more expensive but doesn't Parker has a range of 'budget' guitars (I think the pdf)? I tried a pdf 95 one day and wow those are so thin!!!
If you can find yourself an ORM1, that might be good for your needs. It's a 24" scale neck, so it's shorter but it's still a good size, and professional quality. They don't make them anymore but deals can be had used. Or an S series. The S421 is really good for about 400 new, so you can get one used for about 300 I'm sure. Really small, unobtrusive body too, which is the main thing,

Don't let your size dictate your guitar choices, though. I used to play with a guy who was maybe 4' 6" and played a V-shape that was about 3 inches from the ground, and he was a beast on it. Don't feel like you "have to" play smaller guitars, though they can be more comfortable. I'm 5' 10" and I play an Ibanez S320, which must look really dinky on me, but it works for what I like
All good points above. I'm just wondering why you are limiting yourself to only Ibanez? Don't get me wrong, they definitely make great instruments. Is there a specific reason?
Last edited by wildozer at Oct 18, 2013,
Quote by CookieButter
Maybe a smaller body. I also have a small hands but I don't mind using a medium fret.

the s series, as mentioned above, is probably worth a try, then
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by wildozer
All good points above. I'm just wondering why you are limiting yourself to only Ibanez? Don't get me wrong, they definitely make great instruments. Is there a specific reason?

Ibanez is a popular brand in our country so it's easier to find a model.
I would by the ibanez rg321fmsp it is $399 but it is well worth the $99
If you really look around, you can find Ibanez RG450/470's for around your price range. The ones from the late 80's to mid 90's had the LO-TRS trems on them. Not the greatest, but worked if set up well. The plus side was that it could be swapped out for an Origonal Floyd Rose trem rather easily. I swapped several for friends back in the day.

If you luck out and find an RG550/570, It'll already have a good trem that will stay in tune when you want to get crazy.
Quote by Starcounter1
I would buy an ibanez s470. It has a very thin body. It is very comfortable and fairly light. I'm 6'4 200lbs, and the one I had felt like a toothpick to me. The S series is a nice guitar and they start around 250 on ebay.

+1

I had one of them for a couple of years and I was pretty happy with it overall.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.