I saw that this two guitar and plan to change a solid surface guitar. Compared between ESP Ltd xtone AC-15ES with Yamaha cpx900 which one better ? Everyone can give me some suggestion ???

ESP Ltd xtone AC-15ES
[forbidden link]

- Construction: Set-Neck
- Scale: 25.5”
- Back & Sides: Rosewood
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
-Neck: Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Standard Nut: 43mm
- Neck Contour: Thin U
- Frets: 20 J
- Hardware: Chrome
- Tuners: LTD
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle: w/ Compensated
- Sonicore p.u.: Fishman
-Finish: TSB (Tobacco Sunburst),NAT (Natural Gloss)

Yamaha cpx900 :
[forbidden link]

-Top: Solid spruce
-Back & Sides: Flamed maple
-Neck: Nato
- Fingerboard: Ebony
-Scale: 650mm
-Frets: 22
-Pickups: New A.R.T. 3-way System
-Controls: 3-Band EQ, Volume, Tuner
-Tuners: Gold
-Finsh: Natural, Ultramarine, Mocha Black, Brown Sunburst
You should probably try posting your links again. We have a spam bot killer that sometimes gets carried away removing questionable links, especially on a first post.

Yamahas are always well thought of in this forum. That said, you probably can't go wrong buying one.

PRS acoustics don't come up very much here as potential purchases.

The best thing here, (if possible), would be to play both guitars. While the backs and sides of both guitars are laminate, which somewhat diminishes the tonal differences that would be heard in solid woods, maple and rosewood have entirely different characters. The rosewood is dark, while maple trends toward quite bright and edgy.

Of the two, my preference would be the Yamaha. It has a 3 band EQ, (instead of 2 band on the PRS), and my experience with Fishman preamps is, they seem to be hard on batteries. (I won't even leave a battery in my Fender Sonoran when it's not going to be played. It has Fishman electronics).

PS, my search for both guitars leads to many, "unavailable", results. Don't know about where you are though. BTW, the Yamahas's price is well above the PRS.

As a wild guess, the PRS is likely a rebranded item, from an OEM maker, such as "Cort". The bulk of their good reputation, is with their electrics. (As you probably well know).
Last edited by Captaincranky at Oct 17, 2013,
Captaincranky, where did you get the PRS thing from? TS is comparing a Yamaha and an ESP..?

I'd recommend the Yamaha, the CPX series are great! A friend of mine has the 900 and it feels really nice to play with is one of the most important factors (obviously after sound) but it does have a great all round tone as well - unlike a lot of acoustic guitars that are quite thin at the low end.

Haven't tried the ESP so I can't tell you, but I find their electrics are often a little over-priced and over-rated IMO.
PRS SE Chris Robertson
PRS SE EG
PRS SE Angelus Custom
Yamaha SF1000 (Both of 'em)

Laney L20H Lionheart
Marshall 1936 w/ Eminence

Rather large pedalboard..
Quote by makutoid
Captaincranky, where did you get the PRS thing from? TS is comparing a Yamaha and an ESP..?
It would seem I have a rather bizarre form of dyslexia. Sorry about that.

However, my opinion doesn't change. ESP / LTD's stock in trade is electric guitars. Other makers have precipitated this opinion by me, mostly by Dean. Players with good experience with Dean electrics sometimes move reflexively to Dean acoustics, which aren't very good.

Quote by makutoid
I'd recommend the Yamaha, the CPX series are great! A friend of mine has the 900 and it feels really nice to play with is one of the most important factors (obviously after sound) but it does have a great all round tone as well - unlike a lot of acoustic guitars that are quite thin at the low end.

Haven't tried the ESP so I can't tell you, but I find their electrics are often a little over-priced and over-rated IMO.
It seems we reached the same conclusion in spite of my misprint. For the record, I'm not terribly impressed with any Fishman electronics I've used. I like Baggs better, but my Fishman is in a 6 string, and my 3 Baggs systems are all in 12 strings. So, take that for what it's worth.....and maybe a grain of salt as well. It is after all, an apples and oranges comparison..

(The ESP is Fishman equipped).
Quote by jun.teoh.79
And if you read the Yamaha's page, you'll see that the CPX-900 is, "discontinued"!

So, you'll have to order from a dealer with existing stock, or buy used, if that particular Yamaha is what you decide to buy.

Alternatively, you could peruse Yamaha's current line, to see what model has replaced it.

And yes, I'm aware that both guitars are acoustic. What I'm saying is, not to automatically buy an acoustic guitar, based on the reputation of the same maker's electrics.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Oct 18, 2013,
Omg.... i just saw that all cpx model was discontinued ..... >"< i research that yamaha product, i more like cpx model .... >"<