So long story short, got in a fight last night, was trying to help my friend and this extra sober mma guy or something was just going nuts on us and I ended up getting hit a few times.

I know I got hit twice in the jaw pretty hard. I got one right in the face, my nose is slightly crunchy like there's sand in my cartilage but it's not crooked and doesn't even hurt that bad. I have a feeling if I had a broken nose, it would ****ing hurt. But, I got kicked in the back of the head, not like stomped on, but like an actual kick. I sort of remember it.

Now my jaw is stiff as hell and ****in' hurts and it slightly crooked to one side I'm guessing because of inflammation. I think that's gonna go away after a while. It's barely noticeable.

My head hurts bad though. I got a small gash on the back of my head, which really doesn't hurt, but the front of my head feels kind of... congested, swollen, almost throbbing. I'm guessing this is the result of an edema? I got a CT done and the guy said everything looks fine, nothing major, just a concussion. Anyways, so I took a cab back home.

So here's where ye medical students or whatever come in:

So I got hit in the back of the head, but the front hurts, that means my brain got sloshed back and forth right?

The guy doing the CT said there was nothing major, just signs of a minor concussion. I've never really had a concussion, so I can't compare. But he said no bleeding in the brain or some crazy shit. The nurse at the counter who didn't see any CT or nothing, urged me to stay to see a doctor because she wanted to make sure I didn't have bleeding or whatever, just in case. Even though the CT guy said there was nothing like that. I know he's not a doc, he's just a guy who takes pictures and provides a first look, but I've heard they can basically tell you what's up by looking at it because they do that all day.

Anyways, my head hurts, is this normal to hurt? I'm guessing it is just looking for opinions of people who've gotten hit hard before or if anyone here does some martial arts and has been knocked out or whatever.
Quote by metalblaster

The guy doing the CT said there was nothing major, just signs of a minor concussion.

You already have your answer.. you obviously just want to tell everyone you got kicked in the head
Probably have a slight concussion. You should see a doctor if you can afford it.

EDIT: Wait you got a CT already? Why post here then? Sounds just like what the guy said.
Did you go to a doctor? Considering the med tech was "just a guy who takes pictures and provides a first look" and the nurse suggested it, you should probably be getting opinions from the doctor.

It's normal for everything to hurt after you get beaten up like that. Go see a doctor about your nose, too. It might not be broken but if it's crunchy, you have some damage that needs to be addressed. Go to the doctor for meds, to prevent any infection or whatnot at the least.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Quote by kikaykitko
Did you go to a doctor? Considering the med tech was "just a guy who takes pictures and provides a first look" and the nurse suggested it, you should probably be getting opinions from the doctor.

It's normal for everything to hurt after you get beaten up like that. Go see a doctor about your nose, too. It might not be broken but if it's crunchy, you have some damage that needs to be addressed. Go to the doctor for meds, to prevent any infection or whatnot at the least.

Well I meant that whole CT guy thing as like, they get taken less seriously like they know nothing, which seems to the sort of understatement about them because usually they can see what's going on just by looking at it. They're just not doctors so technically they can't diagnose or whatever.

The nurse I think was just doing her job by offering the option like I feel is part of her job.

I figured I'd have a headache. I went back to bed after, didn't get much sleep because well, I was in pain, and I had to prop myself up which was awkward. But I did get some sleep. I'm guessing if it was real bad I'd be in a coma right now.
Damn dude that blows. I got a concussion once. I went down a snowy hill and went off a jump. The last thing I remember seeing was my feet then I went out cold. I guess I landed on the back of my head. I've got a permanent bump there. You said that you got hit in the back of the head and the front hurts? That happened to me as well. You should be alright. Just take it easy. I never went to the hospital. Although I probably should have...
They say when you talk to God it's prayer, but when God talks to you it's schizophrenia.
Damn... That makes you a beast.
They say when you talk to God it's prayer, but when God talks to you it's schizophrenia.
If you break your nose, blood comes pouring out like a ****ing river.

Strikes to the back of the head are illegal in the UFC, so you're probably ****ed.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
The combined medical intelligence of the pit is equal to that of a baby goose. If you take the Pits advice, you must want a concussion, since you'll be epic facepalming throughout the posts.

If you had a concussion, you would not be here telling us about it so soon.

Oh yeah, cool story bro.
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
I got a minor concussion when I was 9 playing soccer in PE. I didn't have to go to school for 6 days.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
I got a minor concussion when I was 9 playing soccer in PE. I didn't have to go to school for 6 days.

Lucky!

I meant the not going to school part...
Last edited by xgispert at Oct 18, 2013,
was playing road hockey with my buds a few years ago and my friend wired a slapshot into my temple.. i think i might've been slightly concussed or something

Quote by metalblaster
Well I meant that whole CT guy thing as like, they get taken less seriously like they know nothing, which seems to the sort of understatement about them because usually they can see what's going on just by looking at it. They're just not doctors so technically they can't diagnose or whatever.

The nurse I think was just doing her job by offering the option like I feel is part of her job.

I figured I'd have a headache. I went back to bed after, didn't get much sleep because well, I was in pain, and I had to prop myself up which was awkward. But I did get some sleep. I'm guessing if it was real bad I'd be in a coma right now.

Even so, you should go to the doctor. The fact that the nurse suggested you do means you should. They are perfectly capable of handling injuries like this and sending people home. She wouldn't have mentioned the doctor after she checked you if she didn't think it was ideal. Plenty of my relatives are ER nurses and trust me, they're tired of stupid people coming into the ER with stupid injuries. They take don't take the doctor shit lightly.

Don't you remember what happened to Liam Neeson's wife? Died way after hitting head. Or something.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
I rolled an ATV when I was 11 years old. I don't remember shit about it but my head hurt for a week after.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by AllJudasPriest

Huh? He definitely has a concussion. I've had four and at first you're so out if you can't remember your name but within a few hours your awareness is almost recovered, you're just left with a psychedelic-like haze.

The pain in the front of your head could just be an overall headache from the incident rather then direct trauma. Just take it easy and go for a follow up check up if you're still worried, but you should recover fine. Just don't hit your head again, I had two concussion in a month and ended up with post-concussion syndrome and missed/failed an entire semester of school. And for the love of god if you're gonna spar where some equipment
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
isolate the area, then ice pack it. if that doesn't work, you will probably explode.
May I eat your soul?
All I'm getting from this is that you and your mate both got battered by one guy hahaha pussyole
Any change in vision? Close one eye after the other. See if you notice a change.
I can only see half as much
Last edited by willT08 at Oct 18, 2013,
I should be using my medical background to be giving helpful and constructive advice here, but I'd rather hear the story about why he got his ass kicked.

I'll trade my medical knowledge for your story, TS.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
It's too late now. Soon it will swell up into AIDS, then you're not long for this world.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by willT08
All I'm getting from this is that you and your mate both got battered by one guy hahaha pussyole I can only see half as much

Hmm. Sounds like Eye Aids.
Quote by -Mantra-
Doctor > advice from guitar forum

What was the fight about?

My buddy was talking to a bum, and the bum said something like really ******ed and hilarious. So when the guys came walking towards, my buddy told them not to listen to the bum because it was a trap or something. It had something to do with like assrape for cash or something, anyways my buddy was ****in' laughing his ass off at this random ass hobo saying random shit like that.

So when my friend told the guys that stuff, they told him like ''ok thanks, **** off'' or something. And my buddy basically just was like alrighty then **** you too, cya later. And then one of the dudes just lost it on him. And snowball effect was in full swing.

So yeah, basically, like all the blows I got were just from everywhere as I was helping out my buddy who got like a huge deck punch to the face and was all ****ed up. And yeah. We were 3 and they were 7 or 8, and they basically just swung whatever while I was trying to help my buddy out.

I got some real good contact hits connecting to his head, not bad for a drunken dude. But then he came up behind me somehow and kicked me in the head. So yeah, whatever. Some other guy got his tooth chipped in half. So that sucks. I'll take a concussion over a chipped tooth like that. I ****ing hate chipped teeth.
Last edited by metalblaster at Oct 18, 2013,
Quote by kikaykitko
Even so, you should go to the doctor. The fact that the nurse suggested you do means you should. They are perfectly capable of handling injuries like this and sending people home. She wouldn't have mentioned the doctor after she checked you if she didn't think it was ideal. Plenty of my relatives are ER nurses and trust me, they're tired of stupid people coming into the ER with stupid injuries. They take don't take the doctor shit lightly.

Don't you remember what happened to Liam Neeson's wife? Died way after hitting head. Or something.

That's what I was fearing. The whole slow bleed thing. I mean the guy said, there's no bleeding or brain swelling or anything, I just got a concussion.

I went to sleep, I woke up. I went to the clinic to get shit checked out, they said I'm good, I got some x-rays of my face, it's all good except for a small break in my nose but it'll heal quickly.

The doctor was kinda pissed when I told her I chose not to see a doc after it happened. She was like whaaaaat? But she said I'm fine and that I should get the CT scans to my family doctor for him to give it a once over but most likely so he can keep in his records.
Quote by Wiegenlied
Huh? He definitely has a concussion. I've had four and at first you're so out if you can't remember your name but within a few hours your awareness is almost recovered, you're just left with a psychedelic-like haze.
There are varying degrees of severity between an MTBI and an MHI.

The symptoms of the injury also depends on the severity but a major concussion is generally identified by a loss of feeling in the physical extremities before unconsciousness. The recipient of these types of concussion can be unconscious for up to several hours, which is where the fatality of the injury usually occurs.

I wasn't telling him to be inactive though, I just figured going to the hospital to be such a foregone conclusion, it needed not be stated.
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
One time I fell down a hill,

went back home, for some reason everything got really cold, started shivering, dad calls ambulance, they put me on a stretcher, I start puking.

Turns out I have subdural hematoma (internal bleeding in my brain), too weak to piss, needed a catheter (that hurt like shit), stayed in the hospital for like 3 days.

At least I got a shitton of vicodin out of it.
Quote by AllJudasPriest

Do you know anything about concussions?
When he kicked you he injected a lethal toxin causing your head to swell with unprecedented self proclaimed physical prowess along with strong sense of "look what I did syndrome."
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
definitely do not see a doctor. those bastards just want your money. just trust us, put some ice on it and swig some jack daniels you pussy
banned