Gretsch 5120
Fender Jazzmaster
MIM Fender Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Misc Pedals
Quote by Aralingh
The drums are too obviously VSTi.

Yeah, I'm just working with what I have. I've tinkered with EQ, compression, reverb, etc to get a more realistic sound out of the drums, but this is about the best I can do. Thank you for the feedback, my friend..
Quote by charger356
Yeah, I'm just working with what I have. I've tinkered with EQ, compression, reverb, etc to get a more realistic sound out of the drums, but this is about the best I can do. Thank you for the feedback, my friend..

Well, if I can give input, I actually use different VSTi for different drum components, and obviously different EQ for every different component since I split it into several different tracks.
Quote by Aralingh
Well, if I can give input, I actually use different VSTi for different drum components, and obviously different EQ for every different component since I split it into several different tracks.

I understand... However, I only have the lite version of Ableton Live 7 which only allows for 16 tracks total and limits the use of effect plugins to only 2 per project. I'm actually recording these tracks in hopes of releasing an EP and raising enough money to purchase a new DAW... perhaps even a new computer strictly for recording as I am currently using my old college laptop. Lol

Thanks again for your suggestions and criticism.
Quote by charger356
I understand... However, I only have the lite version of Ableton Live 7 which only allows for 16 tracks total and limits the use of effect plugins to only 2 per project. I'm actually recording these tracks in hopes of releasing an EP and raising enough money to purchase a new DAW... perhaps even a new computer strictly for recording as I am currently using my old college laptop. Lol

Thanks again for your suggestions and criticism.

I generally make a different project for drums and then export it as a single track when all is done. So the track limit shouldn't be a problem.
Hey there! Firstly, thank you for your comments on my song.

This is freakin awesome! Your vocals are great. I really like when it goes in the whoas at the end. The organ sounds badass and the solo at the end makes me want to dance! I don't really know what to say about this as far as the mix goes. Kind of like when you're watching an actor, you know they're good because you're not thinking about the fact that they are acting you're just watching and enjoying. This sounds like something I would go to a show to listen to.
haha nice song and arrangement, like a more electronic Flogging Molly!

Nice vocals too, good job with the gear that you got XD

The guitar solo is well played but its too "dynamic" in the mix, it doesnt sit well. Some subtle compression and eq can do it good!
Hi! Are you a home studio recordist in need mixing and/or mastering?

Want a FREE mix consultation?

CONTACT ME!

Last edited by Ababil_Albarn at Oct 20, 2013,
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! hooked from beat 1. Great feel and energy to this. Just straight up Rock n Roll feel.

I do think the mix is to crowded though. There is a lot going on and it is all getting in each others way. I cant really hear all the parts clearly. Though the important drums and vocals are clear enough. The guitar can be heard but is struggle a little bit.

Every thing is performed well though and the energy is great. Good song.

I agree with the above comment on the guitar solo.

C4C? I have a Blues, Punk, Rock n Roll fusion project. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32015651#post32015651