I return again after experiencing some major GAS over the past week. I was planning on buying a new amp(Probably Laney Ironheart Studio, Line 6 DT25, Blackstar HT20/40, Line 6 Pod HD Pro or something like that) since my setup right now is making me feel less enthused by the day (Line 6 Spider and Boss ME-50 with Fender Blacktop Strat) , but after getting my new Joyo Vintage Overdrive the other day and coming up with a pretty nice tone, i had some major GAS for a guitar with a HSS or similar pickup configuration since ive never had a guitar with single coils. I felt the HSS configuration would keep it versatile enough to be able to still play metal given that theres a humbucker in the bridge and that the SC in the neck would give me the final push towards the tone im looking for.

I started to look at the Chapman ML-1's again and kinda fell in love with the Natural and Antique Sunburst ones. Id probably swap out the neck pickup in the standard ML-1 for a Dimarzio Injector. I also like the ML-1 BEA and theres B-Stock ML-1 BEA on the website thats only had its neck sanded down, which is a pretty great bargain. Id probably look at other guitars too preferably from Ibanez, Sterling or something similar but id like to have an SC in the neck or a humbucker which has an accurate coil tap available.

So now im pretty confused, Do i go for a new guitar when i get paid next month or do i go for a new amp?
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Amp.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Definitely? I hope youre right, im dying here, i dont know what to do haha, i want both things so bad, but one of them will have to wait until like march next year
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
You have a pretty decent guitar, you have a shit amp, it's a no-brainer.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Doesn't your Strat have coil splits?

But yeah, amp.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
yeah amp really

once you have the amp get an HSS guitar
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by MaggaraMarine
Doesn't your Strat have coil splits?

But yeah, amp.

Nope, the blacktop series are all HH configs, and the in between settings are all pretty lame.

Quote by Arby911
You have a pretty decent guitar, you have a shit amp, it's a no-brainer.

I suppose it is a no brainer haha, ive been wanting a new amp for like 2 years now, nows my time
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Amp, amp, amp. Really.

Remove V1 & V6. Put the 12AX7 from V1 into V6 and leave V1 empty. Try the vibrato channel.