I really can't decide, its either a american standard tele or an american special jazzmaster since fender doesn't make an american standard..
which is more versatile?
I like stuff like
U2
the beatles
the smiths
led zeppelin
and pretty much all those stuff around that genre and time period but i also like surf like
The lively ones
Robert gordon
The ventures etc.
I love my Tele. It can do pretty much everything I want it to, and it's great for pedals, and it's a MiM. I do really like the look of the JM. I've never played a proper one (Blacktop) but they just look neat. Haven't heard anything super positive about the trem though. A JM with P90's is on my GAS list.

Just saw that the Am. Spec. JM doesn't have a trem, but the Am. Vintage does. Isn't there a Johnny Marr Jazzmaster by Fender? Do they still make that?

Edit: Apologies, its the Johnny Marr Jaguar. Maybe give Jaguars a look?
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Last edited by AWACS at Oct 18, 2013,
Tele. The bridge is way better and it just doesn't have as much stuff to go wrong. It's a classic design and there's a reason for that.

Check out G&L Asat Tribute models for some teles of very high quality and fairly low price. The standard MIM is always good too. I went for a MIJ Fernandes Tele. Either way, get your tele fix.

Nah but seriously, that's all just my own tele bias. Get whatever you want more, whatever will make you want to play guitar.
I'm disappointed in my Jazzmaster's responsiveness past the 12th fret. When I do big bends it just wimpers. I don't like it nearly as much as my strat or my friends tele. my experience.

I love how odd it sounds with both pickups though. IT looks killer as well
Gretsch 5120
Fender Jazzmaster
MIM Fender Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Misc Pedals
Quote by stratomaster123
I'm disappointed in my Jazzmaster's responsiveness past the 12th fret. When I do big bends it just wimpers. I don't like it nearly as much as my strat or my friends tele. my experience.

I love how odd it sounds with both pickups though. IT looks killer as well

i have the same issue with my jazzmaster - i love the way it sounds for a lot of different situations and uses, but it's not really a great choice for rock/blues type lead work. it just doesn't have the sustain for it. Plus there's the whole issue with the bridge I eventually settled on replacing mine with a mustang bridge.

IMO apart from the distinctive sound of the jazzmaster trem, a telecaster will do everything a jazzmaster will do, and more. The jazzmaster is definitely a more comfortable shape though
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.