Page 1 of 2
Don't you fucking hate them?
When there is an relatively unknown band making a gig in your town and makes the ticket prices so freaking high and you can't go and watch them because you lack money?

Orphaned Land is making a show tonight with 2 more local doom/post-metal bands and it's my best friend's birthday, and we love post-metal. And we won't fucking go to that gig because the tickets cost 25 KM (about 20$). ****, I paid less for Exodus when they were here. Why the fuck would you make astronomical prices of tickets if you're not really a top class band?
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
$20 is nothing for a show! Are you kidding??

I would pay twice that to see Orphaned Land, easily. Don't be a cheap ass. If you can't afford $20 for a damn good show, I feel sorry for you.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
I'm seeing Protest The Hero, The Safety Fire, Intervals and TesseracT for 14£, I'm happy...
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
A decade old band is unknown? $20 is astronomical for 3 bands you love? It's your best friend's birthday?

Send them a message by staying home!

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
>$20 for a show
whine harder

>Orphaned Land
>unknown band
lol
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
$20? I've paid more than that at the door of football clubs to listen to bands that haven't even made demos
Economical status of my country is ****ed up, so 25 KM is something in here.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Aw yeah.
metal shows are expensive because nobody likes metal

but they've still gotta make their money, so they have to charge you and the 4 other people that went the difference
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
It's been a while since I went to a show where I spent more than $20 on tickets. Warped tour not included, anyway.
For a comparison - one of the more popular Balkanian punk bands charged 5KM or 3-4 $. Exodus and Benighted played at Sarajevo Summer Metal Fest and tickets were 10KM or 7$.

You can't get a job in Bosnia if you're underage. This isn't a fucking 'Murrica...
Quote by ChemicalFire

Aw yeah.
Quote by frankv
This guy is from Bosnia and Herzegovina, you dicks. $20 might be worth quite a bit more over there.

How about $200-$300 US dollars a ticket for large international acts touring Australia?

Or about $80-$90 US to even see bands like Opeth?
opeth sucks anyway. if they want to place a price barrier to their show then they're doing the world a service
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Oct 19, 2013,
Quote by Dylan_86
How about $200-$300 US dollars a ticket for large international acts touring Australia?

This
If Bosnian prices are anything similar to Hungarian prices, and I'm sure it can only be better, then 20$ is still a hell of a good price for a quality show you want to see. 20$ is what? Like half a day's salary over there?
Dude, $20 is nothing.

I almost never pay less than that unless it's a local band, or a fairly unknown band.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Good. When I go to a gig, I don't want to share the room with the poor riff-raff.

This. Last time I went to a poor commoner's gig some pleb spilled Foster's down my waistcoat. FOSTER'S I tell you!
🙈 🙉 🙊
$20? I paid three times that to go see Ozzy and Slash a couple years ago.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by TheNameOfNoone
Economical status of my country is ****ed up, so 25 KM is something in here.

Hi, welcome to the world. The economical status of everything is ****ed up everywhere. Enjoy your stay.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Orphaned Land is fairly well known. Hell, I even saw an Orphaned Land CD in Best Buy yesterday, and Best Buy's CD selection sucks ass. Point is, if you won't pay $20 to see a band that's been around for a while, you're a cheapstake, TS. I wish that bands/venues would only charge $20 here.
Quote by Dylan_86

Pretty much.

Limp Bizkit are touring later this month, I was thinking of going for a bit of fun, but tix are about $100! I've paid more than that for other (better/bigger) bands, but for a group with only a 5 year or so popular period that hasn't had a hit in almost a decade, this is a joke.
Gear:
-A Guitar
-A Bass Guitar
AND...
-amps for BOTH of them!!

(who cares?)
Last edited by urf_ at Oct 19, 2013,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
How positively dreadful. I hope you had the plebian swiftly flogged.

Of course sir! A little incentive slipped to the owner of the property and the knave was flogged, beaten and thrown out! I then took steps to bankrupt his family. Hnsa hnsa hnsa hnsa hnsa.
🙈 🙉 🙊
That kind of is like $100 to Bosnians.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Lol at people in this thread not realizing that different countries have different economies.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Lol at people in this thread not realizing that different countries have different economies.

This.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
its not metal but i skipped out on seeing pearl jam because it was like 87 bucks for tickets that were behind the stage. screw that

but i am seeing protest the hero and some other bands i cant remember for 25 bucks at a much closer venue so its all good.
Pfft i've paid £75 to see Rush before which is $121 now that, is what you call an expensive show.
Quote by josh999x
Pfft i've paid £75 to see Rush before which is $121 now that, is what you call an expensive show.

Wait, are you male or female?
Quote by ChemicalFire

Aw yeah.
Page 1 of 2