Hey guys I posted this thread so everyone could share stories and pics of your Ibanez Rg series guitar. I have the Rg321fmsp ( sorry i cant post a pic of it ) I have the red one. Its a pretty nice guitar I brought it from guitar center about a month ago. I started playing about 2years ago, Its kinda weird because when i started playing i played country then i heard a Black Sabbath album and i started listening to Metal.
But enough about my let me hear some of your stories.
Along with my RG350DX with SD Distortions , i recently got this Premium RG827QMZ (my first 7)

Hey mikefire and Dave's not here, could you give me your opinion about your guitars? I'm planning to get a similar guitar soon, any information is welcome and appreciated.
JackovSlayer I would highly recommend the guitar. I like every about it from the wizard 3 neck to the offset pearl inlays. What kind of music do you listen to? I personally listen to the older metal, if you play that kind of stuff i would recommend the guitar. I haven't really messed around with it on a clean setting, what i have learned it does do good on clean.

here's a couple of features i know about

3pc Maple Wizard III neck
Basswood body
Jumbo frets
Rosewood Fretboard
Pearl off-set dot inlay
Fixed bridge
V7 neck pick up
V8 bridge pick up
Coil tap switch

Hope this helped,'
mikefire
This is my RGA32MOL.

It looks very similar to the RG321MHMOL already posted here. Differences are mine has the Gibraltar Standard bridge and CAP-LZ active pickups instead of Infinity pickups and mine has an arched top. They do look pretty similar though.

Mine was made in July 2012 in Indonesia. I believe the Mahogany Oil finish on the RGA32 was only available in Europe. It's a pretty cheap guitar but I love it.
Quote by mikefire
JackovSlayer I would highly recommend the guitar. I like every about it from the wizard 3 neck to the offset pearl inlays. What kind of music do you listen to? I personally listen to the older metal, if you play that kind of stuff i would recommend the guitar. I haven't really messed around with it on a clean setting, what i have learned it does do good on clean.

here's a couple of features i know about

3pc Maple Wizard III neck
Basswood body
Jumbo frets
Rosewood Fretboard
Pearl off-set dot inlay
Fixed bridge
V7 neck pick up
V8 bridge pick up
Coil tap switch

Hope this helped,'
mikefire

Thanks. I play metal and I have an Ibanez GRG270B, planning to get a better guitar soon, it will probably be an Ibanez RG because I'm in love with them too.
Some of my old brood.

Miss them all.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I really like my RG321... plays really nice, sounds good with the stock pickups but guaranteed it would scream with a couple aftermarket ones, but right now it has to do.
I picked it up for $160 CAD, Indo model built in '09.
Quote by Tom 1.0
Some of my old brood.

Miss them all.

Woohoo a j.custom .

Some nice pics, thanks for sharing.
I'm hoping to pick up a 1990 RG570 off our local Craigslist... just trying to get the money together.
I love my RG2228 and RG320FM. I'd like to get an Ibanez 7 string again so I'll have the 6-7-8 set again. Some of the best playing necks on guitars out there. Definitely ruined several other brands for me once I got an RG.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio

My old RG320QS. It has GFS Fat Pats in it right now. I never touch it anymore. But I'm gonna put it in C# Std soon and try to learn some BtBaM.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Oct 24, 2013,
Proud owner of an RG3120 Prestige. I have never seen another one with this particular color. Most are a little more blue than mine. Also, the flame is way more quilted than any of the other RG3120s I've seen. Awesome guitar, versatile as hell. Tone-Zone in the bridge, PAF Pro in the neck. Lo-pro Edge tremolo. Mahogany body, maple top. Maple neck with rosewood fingerboard.

Marshall 50 Watt Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
My fleet!

Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
I have one of these, no actual pics of the guitar so here is a stock one. It's an RGR1570 Prestige.

Love the reverse headstock!
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
I got some GAS relief.. picked up a 2000 sour apple green RG570 this week.
2000 Ibanez RG570 Sour Apple
2009 Ibanez RG321MH MOL
20?? Barracuda bass
Last edited by Dave's not here at Dec 15, 2013,
Quote by Tom 1.0
Some of my old brood.

Miss them all.
*golden flame maple*

Is that a J custom and did they make heaps like that colour or was that a one off?

If so it couldve made its way to NZ, it was listed on the local trade website a while ago.

Here's a family pic.

Thats a blue 1992 Ibanez RG560, MIJ. Unique in being the only year with the Lo-Pro installed. Landed it for a steal and its become my main guitar for a while.

Also a point of note is that mandolin being a Cimar from at least the 1970s, and that lap steel which predates modern amplification. Im thinking 1930s. Not ibanez but cool as ****.
It was one of twelve in that configuration and colour from that yeah.

Ibanez J Custom RG1822.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I'd like more contour on the body, anyone else think its a bit uncomfortable on the leg when you sit? I was gonna round the edges a bit down there.
Quote by Tom 1.0
It was one of twelve in that configuration and colour from that yeah.

Ibanez J Custom RG1822.

Quite possible. I tried it out and it was honestly the nicest one I've ever played man.

Quote by Tempoe
I'd like more contour on the body, anyone else think its a bit uncomfortable on the leg when you sit? I was gonna round the edges a bit down there.

Not really, but I have it up to the bottom of my tit anyway so I dont notice any difference to cause discomfort.
I would imagine there are some knocking about. Also, the Rg3210 comes in the same color and style. It could have been one of those.

Mine went to a guy in Germany.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb