On the E Blues scale:

3rd : A
5th : B

Is that right?

I started learning music theory not so long ago, and I'm not really sure.

Bonus, is there a 7th on this scale ?
You got one of them right. B is the fifth of E.

The E blues scale is as follows:
E (Root)
G (Minor third)
A (Perfect Fourth)
Bb (Diminished Fifth)
B (Perfect Fifth)
D (Minor Seventh)

I would suggest you study your intervals abit more and learn the formula for the Blues scale. Then try to figure out all the notes in different keys.

That might help you with your goal, even though we don't know what your goal is.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
Hm I see, I wasn't aware you'd know that by counting the intervals, I thought it was just normal counting.

(By saying I started studying not so long ago I actually meant 4 days reading some articles)

And how or where can I learn music theory ?

Thanks
Quote by rprdo
Hm I see, I wasn't aware you'd know that by counting the intervals, I thought it was just normal counting.

(By saying I started studying not so long ago I actually meant 4 days reading some articles)

And how or where can I learn music theory ?

Thanks

Ah yes, intervals is a major part of learning theory. Cause you can use them in many ways. How to build chords, scales etc.

I'd advice you to check out this wonderful site:

http://www.musictheory.net/

In the "lessons" tab you will find a whole bunch of lessons on theory. They do however teach theory through standard notation, so i'd advice you to check out the basics on that site for learning notation first.

Don't dismiss notation. It's great for learning theory and for analyzing music, also for writing music down.

I whole-heartedly recommend you go through the lessons on that site, one at a time. Don't rush it, learn it properly. You have a lifetime to learn, so it's better to get it down well then doing it recklessly and having to come back to it later.

Cheers.

Sickz
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."