Hello all,

I have a 10 year old Epiphone EB-3. She's been played sporadically over that time, I've started playing her alot more recently and I noticed that my bridge seems to be rising. I am a total novice when it comes to the maintenance of instruments so I'll keep it simple... My bridge should be flat? Nor rising, right?? See below.

My uneducated opinion is that i should loosen up the strings/ change them and screw the bridge in. If I give both sides of the bridge even turns it should have no ill effects, right?

Other pieces of information -

Strings last changed... 2010?
Stored for months at a time, never loosened up the strings.
She's called Jessica

Thanking you in advance for any and all help/comment,

PH
Last edited by Pragmatic_hippy at Oct 19, 2013,
Quote by Explorerbuilder
Loosen the strings, then screw the posts in further.

Many thanks for the input Explorer, I was in the process of editing my post to ask if I should do just that.

Appreciated
I did as Explorer suggested but in the process of re-tuning I noticed the front of the bridge, pic below.

Should I aim to ensure that the bridge is level along this axis as well? The bridge looks a little permanently built

Quote by Explorerbuilder
horizontally level doesnt matter as much. Sometimes it is needed for proper action, since the treble strings are smaller.
As long as it is level from a side view, it should be good.

So if my G string is sitting a little close to my lower pickup than I would like. Should I just loosen up the lower post on the bridge a little so it raises up?

Edit - raised the lower post lowerd the upper post, bridge (from side on) is now sloping the other way, but not as much, so we're closer to level. I think i need some fresh strings... May well pick some up tomorrow, Explorer thank you very much for your help I think I had a vague idea of what needed done but sometimes it just needs the opinion of a random internet stranger to give you the confidence to actually do something.

Thank you good sir