Hey there,
So I was about to get my first 7 string, a rg1527rb prestige... The guy sells to someone else on the evening before we were going to meet... It was £300 only, mad offer as it also included a hardcase. AND PRESTIGE.

So now I have £300 only to score an ibanez 7 string, must be iba 7, MUST be passive really, must have a finish other than black also (attention seeker over here) and I djent 'ard m8 so I am going with high output passive pickups). I would be playing in Ab/G# dropped on this 7.

So for £300 I'm weighing up my options. Here's a few I'm thinking of:
- An old 7321 on eBay, £200 ish, £100 for a bareknucke bridge PU
- the new 7421 in White, £300 odd
- an old 762x which i cannot find even one being sold in the UK
- RGA7 (sounds like shit with stock actives, but local store is doing one new for £300 only, madness, but then I wouldn't spend money on routing for passive PU mounting, just get an EMG 81-7 as it requires little work)
- RGD7421 (at £479 cheapest, out of my range so will need to wait a fair while but fits the bill with extended necks which none of these offer, a better-than-standard-gloss-black finish, okay-ish Passives to get me going and super-thin multi-piece neck)

So, wat do :>

Cheers for all the help
Last edited by AngryIndianDude at Oct 19, 2013,
Whatever you get you're gonna end up swapping the pups for something else, if "djent" is what you're after.

IMO go with an used 7421, no point in buying new, and get some bkps/dimarzios, stock pups just won't do.

I got an rg 7321 with aftermaths as a backup for my other sevens and it's actually pretty good.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Was gonna say that I know where an RG7620 is for $500. But then I saw that you were in Europe. Dang.
There's a carvin dc727 with dimarzio bridge pickup on gumtree for £500.
Snap that shit up.
Edit: why must it be an ibanez?
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

Last edited by randomguy2000 at Oct 20, 2013,
I'd say go with the 7321 and chuck bareknuckles in it, its a really solid guitar for the money. I would probably go so far to say it is one of the best entry-level 7s.
Quote by randomguy2000
There's a carvin dc727 with dimarzio bridge pickup on gumtree for £500.
Snap that shit up.
Edit: why must it be an ibanez?

Hey, thanks for replying, it's cause I'm an iba*****, love the RG, love its agility and wizard neck and all djentfagits must use iba. Cheers!
fair enough, but you won't find a better 7 string for 500 than the carvin.
http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/carvin-dc727-7-string-with-dimarzo-pick-up-and-coil-splits/1035677577#video-content
There's the link (dunno if it'l work or not)- there's even a video of him playing some Animals as Leaders, if you click the video link.
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

Not an Ibanez, but a solid guitar.

I had a 207 for a while and that was a solid little guitar.

My links won't. On eBay. Search for ESP guitars, there is a red LTD 307 on there for £200.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Oct 20, 2013,
I would definitely hold out for an RG7621 or RG7421.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
All,

If anyone is looking for a Mint RG7621 (Black) I have one that is now for sale. Has lived in its case since 2000

email me if interested jdc0216@aol.com

Thanks!