On my Ibanez Sr300, I have two knobs that have been bent out place. Both go on top of each other. One controls low frequencies, the other one controls high frequencies. I wanted to know if you guys think that fixing it by myself is possible or if I should take it in to a shop. And if I have to take it into a shop, I'd like to know what you guys think the estimated cost will be. I've attached a picture. Any help would be appreciated!
Attachments:
Bass Knob.jpg
You could fix it yourself, provided you can obtain the correct part from Ibanez and you know how to solder. If you don't know how to solder, it's best to take it to someone who can. Last thing you want to do is make a mess of the wiring.

Cost would probably be somewhere in the neighborhood of $30 to $50 USD for labor plus parts.

You can also try bending the shafts back in place, but you risk causing more damage.
IF you are decent with a soldering iron, its not that hard to fix. Stewart McDonald sells the parts (or at least did a few years ago). If you aren't, as said above, take it to a shop.
Quote by anarkee
IF you are decent with a soldering iron, its not that hard to fix. Stewart McDonald sells the parts (or at least did a few years ago). If you aren't, as said above, take it to a shop.

He can't get the part from Stewmac since Treble/Bass control pot has a pcb attached to it.

Anyways the part # for the pot is 3VR1VM303.

EDIT:I suggest that you not replace the pot since Ibanez can be pretty hard to work with getting parts for basses. Another option for you is go through with Rich at Ibanez Rules to get the part for $25(USD).
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Last edited by dark Mass at Oct 21, 2013,
If it's just bent, did you try just bending it back? Hate to be that guy but sometimes people seem to overlook stuff like that.