get a G&L ASAT.

it's more leo than a fender is.
gregs1020 speaks the truth.
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

Quote by randomguy2000
gregs1020 speaks the truth.

theres so many versions of the asat classic? how do i know which is best for me?
You try them.

If you want a guitar that's specially made to closely resemble a 52 Tele then the AVRI is still the guitar you want.

If you want a good Tele go try the Standards and ASATs and decide on one.
Quote by GuitarNewbee
theres so many versions of the asat classic? how do i know which is best for me?

like phil said try as many as you can. generally speaking i've found the quality of the G&L USA stuff to rival custom shop fender guitars, for a lot less cash. like about half when buying new.

for a classic 50's tele vibe with a flatter 12' radius.
http://www.glguitars.com/instruments/USA/guitars/asat-classic-alnico/index.asp

for an updated version this model has the mfd g&l pick ups. ceramic, but nicely balanced imo.
http://www.glguitars.com/instruments/USA/guitars/asat-classic/index.asp

the thing about the old tele's is they have the 7.5 radius which can choke out notes when you bend a bit. some vintage reissues use that spec to be "vintage correct" but a lot of people prefer a flatter board.

most standard teles made today have a 9.5 radius which alleviates that. the 12' radius on the g&l is flatter like a les paul.

but there are plenty of good fenders obviously too. i just like the bang for the buck you get with G&L. a lot of local dealers will cut nice deals on a made to order USA G&L. so you can order the neck profile, finish, etc of your guitar and it costs what it costs. not some crazy custom price like with fender custom shop.

but if you find a guitar you like and the price is right, grab it regardless of what is on the headstock.

also gotta plug my MIJ guitars too like the tokai breezysounds or bacchus tele guitars. great stuff there for the $$$ too.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Oct 20, 2013,
Quote by gregs1020
like phil said try as many as you can. generally speaking i've found the quality of the G&L USA stuff to rival custom shop fender guitars, for a lot less cash. like about half when buying new.

for a classic 50's tele vibe with a flatter 12' radius.
http://www.glguitars.com/instruments/USA/guitars/asat-classic-alnico/index.asp

for an updated version this model has the mfd g&l pick ups. ceramic, but nicely balanced imo.
http://www.glguitars.com/instruments/USA/guitars/asat-classic/index.asp

the thing about the old tele's is they have the 7.5 radius which can choke out notes when you bend a bit. some vintage reissues use that spec to be "vintage correct" but a lot of people prefer a flatter board.

most standard teles made today have a 9.5 radius which alleviates that. the 12' radius on the g&l is flatter like a les paul.

but there are plenty of good fenders obviously too. i just like the bang for the buck you get with G&L. a lot of local dealers will cut nice deals on a made to order USA G&L. so you can order the neck profile, finish, etc of your guitar and it costs what it costs. not some crazy custom price like with fender custom shop.

but if you find a guitar you like and the price is right, grab it regardless of what is on the headstock.

also gotta plug my MIJ guitars too like the tokai breezysounds or bacchus tele guitars. great stuff there for the $$$ too.

thanks man i've really been looking into the G&L asat classic custom, you know the one with the single coil in the neck and the fat mfd in the neck, you know the one that looks like a single coil in the bridge and a p90 in the neck... but sadly i can't find one on the G&L custom generator, the only one i can find is the one on musicians friends but its in a really ugly color
the link for the ASAT Classic Anico is the one you want , then you have to specify the neck and nut options , G & L has way more options than Fender for necks and nut ,..... you can check out all the neck and nut sizes on G & L's web site .... G & L also guarantee's the whole guitar for 10 years to the original purchaser , electronic's and everything !!.... G & L's are definetly a guitar you can buy with out playing first and it will be right when its delivered

edit to add ..... G & L has 10 different neck sizes and shapes option .... 4 different fret options ..... 5 different neck woods ..... 6 different neck finishes .... 5 body and binding options .... 4 bridge options .... and many pick up options including EMG's .... you can truly "have it your way " with a G & L custom order
Last edited by Fumble fingers at Oct 20, 2013,