Page 1 of 3
I just recently mentioned in the "gun thread" that my mother's side of the family, to a decent degree, comes from the Potawatomi Native American bloodline. My great grandparents on my mother's father's side are 100% and 50% Potawatomi and my great grandfather on my mother's mother's side is ~25% Potawatomi. My entire father's side is Mexican but I don't know much about the origins of that bloodline.

Anyway, I guess that makes me like ~1/5(slightly less) Potawatomi Indian.

So, no matter what country you're from, how far back does your bloodline go to tie you to your country's natives? Feel free to give examples of cultural traditions that you or your family recognize or you can just give bits of information you find interesting about your native culture.
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang
i'm 100% canadian

I'm 100% Arstotzkan
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I hate this stupid "oh man i'm X% of Y Descent"

I'm Canadian.

Also Native isn't America exclusive. There are Natives in Australia as well, and other places

I dunno about 'Murica, but we identify as "First Nations" "Metis" or "Inuit" typically

we still call ourselves Indians cause whatever yolo, the name stuck, but we're one of those Aboriginal groups

I fit into the First Nations part or the Metis

It depends. Mother is Metis (her mom is Treaty/First Nations) while my father is Treaty/First Nations
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
When my ancestors came over from france we lived with and nailed a bunch of natives. Our last name 'labute' comes from 'de la bute' or 'of the hill' describing where theIr village was situated
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Last edited by Wiegenlied at Oct 20, 2013,
lol, if you are from the countries of the american continent, 90% is that you're bloodline goes to europe or africa.
Most natives were massacred.
Quote by isaimeph
lol, if you are from the countries of the american continent, 90% is that you're bloodline goes to europe or africa.

you just believe everything they tell you eh?

Quote by skylerjames13
I hate this stupid "oh man i'm X% of Y Descent"

I'm Canadian.

Also Native isn't America exclusive. There are Natives in Australia as well, and other places

I dunno about 'Murica, but we identify as "First Nations" "Metis" or "Inuit" typically

we still call ourselves Indians cause whatever yolo, the name stuck, but we're one of those Aboriginal groups

I fit into the First Nations part or the Metis

It depends. Mother is Metis (her mom is Treaty/First Nations) while my father is Treaty/First Nations

Yeah, that's why I mentioned that every country has natives in my OP.
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
Quote by isaimeph

Except there's native reserves and they keep having kids wit eachother
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by Wiegenlied

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there are around 30K Potawatomi that still reside in Michigan and Wisconsin mostly.

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
Quote by Cardbored
I'm 200% nigga

Just like that Dr Robotnik meme.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
0%
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
I am 1/8 Sami. My great grandma was an ethnic Sami from Northern Norway.

The rest of me is so mixed that it's barely worth talking about though.
I can't say what my lineage exactly was. My maternal grandparents were coastal Levantine Alawites. My great grandparents were Moroccan. So 50% African, 50% Levantine, 100% awesome. If I live in either of my parents' countries I'm pretty damn native.
I might as well be one. Ever since I turned 17 5 years ago, I've been asked multiple times from strangers if I'm Native American. Even some native Americans have asked me what tribe am I from. I used to say no but now I tell them I'm either Cherokee or from the kokiri tribe(zelda) lol.
Marty Friedman+Jason Becker=Cacophony
Not sure what bit of Native Canadian I have in me, if any. My father and his parents/ancestors were all born in Scotland. He moved to Canada as a child. My mother was born in Wawa, Ontario. Her father is from Northern Ontario and has French-Canadian ancestry. My grandmother is also from Northern Ontario, however we recently found out that her father was not who she thought he was. She never met her real father, and we suspect he was Métis, or less likely, First Nations. We've no idea though.

Basically I just identify as Canadian with half Scottish and half Canadien (French Canadian) roots.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
What is it with americans always bragging about their bullshit 1% native heritage? Sure indians are cool but unless you're atleast 1/4 you are still just a boring honkey like the rest of us.
Quote by MinterMan22
you just believe everything they tell you eh?

Pls show me your side, i would love to be wrong so i can begin to be right
How is anything you have no control over something to brag about? All you had to do to have heritage is be born... It's not like anyone is claiming to break a record or anything. I don't see any reason to be jaded about the subject unless you think a culture is so cool that it pains you to have no genetic ties to it.

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
Quote by Wiegenlied

Yup, how many of them exist today compare to the rest of the population in america :P
People, let's not forget that there's no such thing as Canadian/American/Mexican/Argentina. etc heritage xd
Quote by isaimeph
Yup, how many of them exist today compare to the rest of the population in america :P
People, let's not forget that there's no such thing as Canadian/American/Mexican/Argentina. etc heritage xd

You're a blithering idiot.

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
Quote by isaimeph
Pls show me your side, i would love to be wrong so i can begin to be right

you see i would but im a little insecure about this scar i got on my ribs

what the actual **** is that guy talking about
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
As far as we've been able to trace back, my family has always lived in the netherlands, even in the same province I live in. I'm as native as it gets.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
I'm British, so like 0% I guess, just like everyone. Is there any non-racist reason why anybody would care about this?
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
I don't know the details, but I vaguely recall being told I'm like 1/64 Native American and 63/64 some kinda white.
Page 1 of 3