Page 1 of 2
Who's encountered them?

I know a few, that went to my previous college, as well as the ones who hang with my younger sister and try to be like her (who's like the most actual hipster person in her school, pulls it off naturally).

...And for those who don't know who the "fake" hipsters are: There are 2 kinds- well actually many kinds of hipsters, but two types that identify as hipsters:

1.) Actual ones, who pull it off without trying.

2.) Ones who call themselves a "hipster" and try there hardest to fit in. And fail. Hilariously.

Typically the second will be your average dweeb who plays Magic and Pokemon and other stupid nerdy fagshit, who thinks wearing a pair of thick-rimmed glasses and a sock beanie and listening to any Dubstep that isn't Skrillex (usually just UKF CDs, not to say that they're bad because UKF compilations are usually good shit imo) and think endorsing every Apple product makes him hipster as fvck.

Can also apply to girls too, except they're just your average generic girl who buys a scarf and darkrimmed glasses, also trys to emphasize the "hipster" they think is in them.

The behavior from either one of them is top-of-the-line hilarious. They enhance every hipster stereotype ("too mainstream", the whole YOLOSWAG bullshit), post dumbass pictures on FB with Instagram, and constantly try to show how "hipster" they think they are.

What a bunch of faggots.
All hipsters are automatically this. It's part of the definition
My God, it's full of stars!
Still more acceptable than furries.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I have a Seattle Supersonics shirt that I wear regularly #hip #ster
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
At least they're not weird like furries.

People don't normally fit into a certain category without trying to do so. Even the "natural" hipsters are still choosing to dress and act the way they do. They might not walk around saying that they're hipsters, but they still chose to be one.

Granted this entire discussion is just stupid.
I heard a rumour that there was a subject you couldn't be hilariously elitist about
Quote by Hydra150
I heard a rumour that there was a subject you couldn't be hilariously elitist about

fornicating with foxes?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
shouldn't you be filling a diaper or something instead of worrying about hipsters?

YOLOSWAG

You only swag once
I'm gonna suffer for the rest of my life

But I will always find a way to survive
I see plenty of people walking round college/town in things that could be associated with being hipster but they're not actually hipster at all. It's like hipster is the new mainstream per se. Everyone is walking around in skinny jeans or chinos, wearing expensive clothes from the high street with Nick Grimshaw haircuts.
I was told I'm a hipster for being a little different. (I went to a fancy prep school, played sitar and bluegrass banjo, read a lot, wore different clothes, and didn't get drunk on the weekends.)

Doesn't fit any of the societal hipster stereotypes, but then I was told that I was a hipster because I didn't fit in with the hipster stereotype.

So yeah.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
There's some hipster in my English class who hates being called a hipster. He does almost everything a hipster would do, except he has a pompadour instead of an ironic moustache. The guy carries his vinyl collection around in his bag.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Ian_the_fox
listening to any Dubstep that isn't Skrillex (usually just UKF CDs, not to say that they're bad because UKF compilations are usually good shit imo)

But yeah UKF compilations are all shit and so are the GetDarker ones even though they are better
Quote by Colgate Total
There's some hipster in my English class who hates being called a hipster. He does almost everything a hipster would do, except he has a pompadour instead of an ironic moustache. The guy carries his vinyl collection around in his bag.

Why would anyone carry vinyl around?
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by Swannie
Why would anyone carry vinyl around?

Why anyone would buy vinyl at all is the more pressing issue
Quote by WantsLesPaul
You know after that Cerce thread I can't read the word "faggot" without cringing any more. That's probably a good thing though.

tell me about it...
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by willT08

But yeah UKF compilations are all shit and so are the GetDarker ones even though they are better
The Dubstep 2012 CD has Xilent tracks. Therefore it be not shit.

EDIT: As does 2011.
>jerks off to cartoon animals
>elitist
Quote by Swannie
I was told I'm a hipster for being a little different. (I went to a fancy prep school, played sitar and bluegrass banjo, read a lot, wore different clothes, and didn't get drunk on the weekends.)

Doesn't fit any of the societal hipster stereotypes, but then I was told that I was a hipster because I didn't fit in with the hipster stereotype.

So yeah.

That doesn't even make sense...
Quote by Ian_the_fox
The Dubstep 2012 CD has Xilent tracks. Therefore it be not shit.

EDIT: As does 2011.

Never heard of him before. Put on the tune on 2012...

Are you serious mate?
the only thing stereotypically "hipster" that bothers me is the elitism and general snobby attitude they possess. Then again, anyone can have that persona, and no matter how you dress, if you think you're superior, then you're probably annoying. A person wearing skinny jeans and an ironic T-shirt, but is super chill beats out a "normal" asshole any day.
Quote by willT08
Why anyone would buy vinyl at all is the more pressing issue

Because it's cool.
Quote by captainsnazz
Ugh it's like ian went away and added EDM to his list of things to be a dick about.

Let's nip this int bud straight away: mate we don't fucking want you in team wubz, piss off yeh.

To be a dick about whilst knowing fuck all about...
Quote by daytripper75
Because it's cool.

And fun to collect
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Colgate Total
There's some hipster in my English class who hates being called a hipster.

That's part of what's required to be one though. It's the same as in 2007 when all the kids with 50 colors in their giant 80s hair and rainbow tube socks would say "I'm NOT scene! OMG"
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
For EDM, I have to say that I like the Knife Party. Their ambience-driven melodies subtlety compliment the agro-jazz minor 7th chords, followed by their overall post avant garde wub wubs.
Hipsters are too mainstream. For christ same Taylor Swift sings about them on Diet Coke commercials.

Secondly, the "ironic" crap is a dodge for their liking something "mainstream" while trying to maintain their hipster cred.

If you have to put thought into keeping up an image. You're trying too hard and already fail at the image you're trying to keep up.
Page 1 of 2