Page 1 of 2
I've been playing guitar for four years now and lately I have been extremely bored. What are some fun different things I could do to make myself less bored?
Or fingerstyle. I find it very challenging and fun. Plus, you can be self sufficient in the sense of playing harmony and melody, like a piano. Arranging songs yourself is really fun too if you like puzzles.
Join a band.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
usually, it means you're bored of the music you're listening to as well. listen to different things. try composing what you want to hear.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by whywefight
fingerstyle for sure

Yup. I have my giant classical book around for exactly this purpose

Also base fingerstyle techniques can be pretty useful in a lot of applications
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
learn how to play dubstep fingerstyle.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Learn how to play Jazz-based Dubstep fingerstyle
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
That's it TS, try fingerpicking some jazz-based dubstep through some new amp while joining a band in the process.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Finger a dubstep musician while listening to jazz.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Whoots
Or fingerstyle. I find it very challenging and fun. Plus, you can be self sufficient in the sense of playing harmony and melody, like a piano. Arranging songs yourself is really fun too if you like puzzles.

I thought that said pretzels at the end.
Learn to cook the perfect risotto. Become Michelin star chef. Best in the business.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Dive deep into different styles of music. Study theory and try composing for other instruments.

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
Quote by entity0009
stop playing the same shit over and over

this
Quote by Dave Mustaine
If you want to be treated intelligently, act intelligent.

Quote by chev311e
I thought that said pretzels at the end.

I can't imagine how confused you must have been.
Work on some prerequisite or short-term goal needed for any long-term/important stuff.

Become so happy that you want to howl at the moon.

Line up behind random people to form a personal RPG team and start a party everywhere they go.

Run up a tree and play your guitar up there.

Adopt a parrot and teach it to sing while you play; rake in the internet karma.

Bake guitar-shaped cookies and play them.
watch some Fretted Americana videos featuring Phil X. That guy rambles sometimes and I learn some cool shit from him.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

There have been plenty of people suggest things to learn, most of them challenging of course, so I'm going to throw out a couple alternatives.

- Do you write your own material? If not, start! Set out a goal to write an EP or album, and go through with it.

- Sometimes it's a good thing, when you're not feeling as inspired to play, to not force yourself to play when you're just not feeling it.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
change your mind set

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Invent or use new alternate tunings. It's something I've found that helps broaden the musical horizon.
"It's better to be kind. Being clever or good looking is subjective. Kindness is essential" - Ricky Gervais
Pick an entirely different style to play. I'm going to shill for classical finger-style. If you just want to learn some showoff finger-style pieces...

Agustin Barrios - La Catedral
Astor Piazzola - Verano Porteno
- Milonga del Angel
Isaac Albeniz - Asturias (Leyenda)
Francisco Tárrega - Tango

You can find tabs for all of these.
Quote by damian_91
That's it TS, try fingerpicking some jazz-based dubstep through some new amp while joining a band in the process.

I love this. I don't know why, but I do. Sig'd.
Quote by Baby Joel
You should try learning how to play jazz.
this every day
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Maybe start spending some time with another instrument (if you have access to one) like Bass or piano.

Maybe also start figuring out how to make/record music digitally. Most of my musician friends are knobs when it comes to using a DAW, but it's a pretty invaluable skill.

OR this

Quote by korinaflyingv
buy a new hat
Learn to play your favorite songs in alternate tunings. Been hooked on DADGAD for a while...
try FAGDAD
Quote by Pleasure2kill
I too thought that said pretzels at the end...
They say when you talk to God it's prayer, but when God talks to you it's schizophrenia.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Get laid.

I bet those "what does the fox say" guys are just rolling in fox puss right now.
Quote by korinaflyingv
buy a new hat

For a guitarist, this actually works very well to alleviate boredom, in the "try learning drums" sense.
Learn some Misfits. Easy and fun horror punk.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Page 1 of 2