I was wondering if there is a way to make my strings feel like they have less tension of my US Strat. I've tuned down to Eb and the strings feel great here, so I was wondering if there's a way to make my strings in standard feel like they do in Eb.

The reason I dont just stay in Eb is it's just inconvenient for me to play everything a half step up, especially when you're trying to use open strings

Cheers
Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.
Use a lighter string gauge and you're good.
Which gauge do you use currently?
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
I'm using 10's (ernie ball regulars), I hate the sound of 9's, way too thin! Is there any other options?
Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.
You could get a shorter scale guitar.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
There are numerous of things you can do to reduce string tension. I'll just name a few that I know of:

Action:
Lowering the action might make the strings feel a bit more loose.

Nut:
Proper nut lubrication might help ease the tension a bit, especially with bending ( ). Use a graphite pencil on the string slots.

Neck:
There are short-scale necks for strat/telecaster that you can replace with. Shorter scale gives less tension but also changes the sound a bit. A bit more muddy and warm compared to clear and sharp of the longer scale. I would recommend to take a look at Warmoth neck but they will set you back a couple of hundreds buck.

Tremolo setup:
Set the tremolo to be floating. The tension will be less when you have it flushed to the body.
There are a few mods for the trem block like a small spring for each string ball or some kind of weird "wrap-around" contraptions at the block just to make the overall string longer. Those things "might" work but they might be more troubles than they worth.

String gauge:
Thinner string gives less tension but prone more to breakage and less sustain/tone.

Use a capo:
Tune down to Eb, capo at first fret. There you have Standard E.

----------------

In the end of the day. If you think the guitar is having too much tension being in standard E tuning then I say you have not practiced enough. Play more, develop finger strength and own that shit!
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by Volcz
I'm using 10's (ernie ball regulars), I hate the sound of 9's, way too thin! Is there any other options?

"Way too thin" sound is more a product of whatever pickups and amps you're using. I often use 9's on strat-scale instruments and 10's on most LP-scale guitars, though it varies. One way of making your strings feel like they have less tension is to practice more (as your fingers get stronger...).
I don't get the problem with tuning to Eb. Are you trying to play along to things that are in E?
Quote by J_W
I don't get the problem with tuning to Eb. Are you trying to play along to things that are in E?

Even if he was, that shouldn't be an issue. In Eb tuning, your E standard tuned Fmaj chord becomes an Emaj. Why? Because you've moved everything down one semitone, as a result all chords would move down one semitone. So, Fmaj becomes Emaj, Amin becomes Bbmin, Gmaj becomes Gbmaj, etc., etc., etc. Just learn to transpose things, dude.

@TS:
Nonetheless, if you're having issues with string tension on 10s, in E standard tuning, you probably need to practice. That may not be what you want to hear, but it's the truth.