Hello everybody this is my first post but I am looking for some advice. I can't decide between a schecter damien elite with a floyd rose or an EVH striped series guitar. My band plays hard rock any where from Alice in Chains to Tool to Avenged Sevenfold to Green Day. I love both guitars and I am willing to chip in another 200-300 bucks to get the EVH guitar if that one would be better for this sound, I would rather spend a little more money and get it right the first time instead of getting the wrong guitar and trying to sell it. I have a fender mustang 4 amp, If you guys could give me some advice on what you think would better fit the sound that we appear to be going towards. Thank you!
The Damien's are universally lackluster from what I've played. I've only played 3 of them, though.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
if your willing to go up to EVH stripe price, then your probably also willing to raise the damien elite option to a hellraiser. hellraisers are much better than damiens, and are still more affordable than the evh. Ive never played that particular model of EVH, but I have played hellraiser c1 and its pretty good guitar. if youd be willing to go used, Id strongly recommend a Schecter c-1 classic, which is dirt cheap on ebay and has really great specs.

it all also depends on whether youve ever owned a guitar with a floyd rose. If you havent, you better be damn sure you want one if you choose the EVH.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Im Sure I want the Floyd Rose a friend of mine has a guitar with a floating tremolo so I play on that guitar often and hes taught me how to take care of it. One of the aspects I like about the EVH guitar is the fact that it comes with a D-tuna and since my band switches from drop D to standard a lot that would really come in handy.
bear in mind a d-tuna will only really work properly if you set the trem to dive-only. if you want floating as well you'd need to think about a tremol-no or similar.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the hellraiser(which really should be the other option rather than a damien) also has the korean fr1000. if you really are changing tunings constantly, then I think the EVH is the way to go. but also should know, that with the d-tuna on the guitar, you wont be able to do any fancy high pitch tricks on the guitar(like dimebag). the trem would only work with down-pitch stuff.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
I am mostly planning on keeping this guitar in drop C# I have a les paul standard that I use for standard E flat tuning.