Hey guys, I have the chance to pick this up today for around $575 (I talked him down a bit ha) Do you guys think that's a fair deal or too much? Here's the ad

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/msg/4083031049.html

It actually looks a lot better in some other pictures he emailed me. He says only minor buckle rash and looks like the only other marks are the corners of the headstock.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
I was thinking so. I've heard the early 90's Gibson's are some of the best quality ones. I just wanted to verify with UG, I've had LOTS of guitars in my playing career but this is going to be my first venture into Gibson territory.
+More

Looks legit, good deal. The early 90s ones were pretty good IMO, obviously you can't guarantee anything about individual pieces just based on when they were made but most of the early 90s Gibsons I've played have been quite good and others seem to have a similar experience.

That's before they started using the dot inlays too.. Gibson's been messing with the Studio lineup lately but in 93 that would have been the same finish as on the Standard. I think the pickups were different, and maybe the neck profile? My memory on the details is hazy but the Studio at one point had different pickups than the Standard, and then I think they had the same ones for a while, and now they're back to different pickups. Same thing with the neck, they've changed it a few times but in 93 I don't think there was a 60s or 50s carve spec, they just had one that was in between. Might want to double check those specs if you care about them, I'm going off of my own poor memory on those. It's a good deal whatever the minutiae are
You can see my 93' Studio in my profile. Solid guitar! Mine was $700 w/ case back in 2002. I really like it.
Hey guys, I picked it up yesterday, looks good, plays great! Needs a little TLC, but once I'm done I'll throw up some before and after pics!
+More