Hey, been a while since I posted here! Finally got a new song out, taking about 3 months to finish it (I spent a week just on mic placement ). The intro was a U2-influenced thing I've been toying with for over a year, but the rest is just me doing my own thing.

Will C4C. Check it out and let me know what you think!

SoundCloud
My Facebook page
ibanez1997,
I can hear the U2 influence (one of my favorite groups), but glad it does not sound toooooo much like U2, because I think it is good to have some originality. Some of the harmonics are a bit ear-piercing for me, but I am sensitive to that. Other than that, I think it sounds quite nice on just about everything. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1620472
I actually really like the song as a whole, especially the solo at 2:33. Sounded very Petrucci-esque! Your tone in the intro is very fitting and the melodies troughout the song are very catchy! I wouldn't really change much except maybe in that first solo I would tone down the fast licks I feel it would sound a bit better! But good job brother!
Quote by Zonzin
I actually really like the song as a whole, especially the solo at 2:33. Sounded very Petrucci-esque! Your tone in the intro is very fitting and the melodies troughout the song are very catchy! I wouldn't really change much except maybe in that first solo I would tone down the fast licks I feel it would sound a bit better! But good job brother!

I have been compared to Petrucci. I can die happy. he is definitely a huge influence.

Great to know you enjoyed it. Would appreciate a Facebook like if you get a chance. Anything you want me to review?
Great job sir. I like how it has such a heavy feel with the nice sweeping melodies through it. The solo just before the two minute mark feels a little empty like it could use maybe a little bit more bass guitar. also the rhythm guitar towards the end could go up a bit. The next song The Mythic Enclave is even better IMO its mixed much better and much more fluent. I like the stop times and your guitar work is darn near spot on. if you have a second to check out one of my tunes i just recorded ide appreciate it!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32030501#post32030501
Quote by Smoothrider_41
Great job sir. I like how it has such a heavy feel with the nice sweeping melodies through it. The solo just before the two minute mark feels a little empty like it could use maybe a little bit more bass guitar. also the rhythm guitar towards the end could go up a bit. The next song The Mythic Enclave is even better IMO its mixed much better and much more fluent. I like the stop times and your guitar work is darn near spot on. if you have a second to check out one of my tunes i just recorded ide appreciate it!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32030501#post32030501

lol man that's my song.....and I agree that Ibanez has this empty solo spot, definitely needs more there. I also think that the intonation might be a little off on the guitar, bits were a little off tuning wise. I didnt totally like the fact that the progression was pretty stagnant for the most part, didnt feel like the song went anywhere. Good chops nice tone, just needs some better mixing arrangement and focus on the rhythm guitar.
2009 Engl Powerball 100watt
1985 Marshall 1960a 4x12 with G12-65s
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400