My chain is as follows:

Strat --> m-audio pro --> logic pro 9 --> amplitube. Over the past week or so, the lag has become unbearable. I can't even record in real time because it's so bad. I have logic set in low latency mode, i have the bit rate set as I've always set it, yet suddenly it's awful. My computer is a 2009 macbook pro with 2 gb of ram and has been running slower itself lately, so I'm assuming that is the problem, but I would like to know if there is any fix for this issue beyond buying a new computer. Upgrading ram is not an option on my model, apparently.

This computer has always been on the slow side, but recording guitar into logic was always fine and lag free until very recently. Now it's not even possible. That is mainly what i use this computer for, aside from mindless browsing. Now it's suddenly not possible . I run activity monitor at all times and lately there is next to no memory space left when I'm running nothing but logic pro 9, which is strange. I haven't downloaded anything within the past week to change this, but suddenly there is much less memory. Any help appreciated!
Have you defraged your hard drive? maybe you picked up a virus/malware lately you havent noticed...try running the free edition of Malware Bytes man see what that does for ya.
Hi! Are you a home studio recordist in need mixing and/or mastering?

Want a FREE mix consultation?

CONTACT ME!

Quote by Ababil_Albarn
Have you defraged your hard drive? maybe you picked up a virus/malware lately you havent noticed...try running the free edition of Malware Bytes man see what that does for ya.

i have a macbook pro, so prob no viruses? I will defrag before i panic and plop $600 on a mini mac
apple immune to malware is a myth man, just google it up, that said hope a couple of scans and a defrag solves it man
Hi! Are you a home studio recordist in need mixing and/or mastering?

Want a FREE mix consultation?

CONTACT ME!

Which OS version do you run?

Also unibody or white macbook?

Core2duo processor?

I reinstalled my OS On my Imac 2009 actually upgraded, and when going from Leopard to Snowleopard it became faster and also faster when going from snow lion up to mountain.

Just pop in the disk and install without format, and it will install over the current OS, your computer and data will all stay the same.

And what he said, Apple trojans are unlikely, but malware is not all that less common as on a microsoft machine.

To get back on topic, other problems can be.

Harddrive worn out, cheap and relatively easy to do on macbooks. I presume you have the late 2009 unibody one. If still the white machine, these are just below the treshold off ****ing shit up.

A far less common one, RAM is faulty/worn out. Easy fix as well, but pop in 4 gig 2x2G with a high speed.

Do you have multiple USB ports? If so, not all of them might be true usb 2.0 bandwidth. Check in settings.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Oct 22, 2013,
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Which OS version do you run?

Also unibody or white macbook?

Core2duo processor?

I reinstalled my OS On my Imac 2009 actually upgraded, and when going from Leopard to Snowleopard it became faster and also faster when going from snow lion up to mountain.

Just pop in the disk and install without format, and it will install over the current OS, your computer and data will all stay the same.

And what he said, Apple trojans are unlikely, but malware is not all that less common as on a microsoft machine.

To get back on topic, other problems can be.

Harddrive worn out, cheap and relatively easy to do on macbooks. I presume you have the late 2009 unibody one. If still the white machine, these are just below the treshold off ****ing shit up.

A far less common one, RAM is faulty/worn out. Easy fix as well, but pop in 4 gig 2x2G with a high speed.

Do you have multiple USB ports? If so, not all of them might be true usb 2.0 bandwidth. Check in settings.

It's the unibody silver mackbook pro running 10.6.8 and the core duo processor with 2gb ram. I don't think you're able to upgrade this model as far as ram goes, it's from 2009. It has two USB ports.
Quote by RyanMW2010
It's the unibody silver mackbook pro running 10.6.8 and the core duo processor with 2gb ram. I don't think you're able to upgrade this model as far as ram goes, it's from 2009. It has two USB ports.

I put 2 x 2 Gb ram in my imac, same year. I also had the exact same macbook as you speak off, and ram is upgradeable.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??