Unfortunately AnnihiSlateR couldn't do the mix this week (see the october 14 thread), so I may as well post the mix I had for the next. The order remains the same as before, just moved up by one week.
===========================
Anyway, - here is a narrative, of sorts - what one might hear of outside while hiding in a bomb shelter, or something equally claustrophobia-inducing.

http://8tracks.com/autumnaurora/flame-of-the-last-candle

===========================
provisional schedule:

October 21: Emenius Sleepus
October 28: --------------------
November 4: Helloween4Ever
November 11: Kytokinesis
November 18: ChemicalFire
November 25: severed-metal
December 2: Kepulix
December 9: AnnihiSlateR
December 16: rg_metal

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Last edited by Emenius Sleepus at Nov 5, 2013,
Out of shape men in gas masks. Already I'm hooked. Just got on Branikald, will report back with more thoughts when I've actually listened to it further.

Branikald: Don't remember the name of the track, but the ambient-ness of this track was enough to set the mood.

Diocletian - Oath to Ruin: A nice release from the previous track, and just short enough not to be meandering. Very gritty and furious.

Genocide Organ - A Peculiar Crusade: I don't remember too much about this track, and I haven't heard this band too much before. Maybe the odd listen once or twice, but it was decent.

Tempus Fugit - Portal: Not a big Portal fan, the stray time I will listen to them. But this went incredibly nicely with the tracks thrown into this mix.

Vassafor - Dreadnaught: Kind of tiresome to listen to. I enjoyed what I heard, but it felt like it dragged.

Atrium Carceri - Atmosfear: Probably one of my favourite of this list. I like ambient music, so naturally, I'm drawn to the musical dips in music that relay between barely anything and extreme. The synth later on the track was my fondest memory.

Trauerhöhle - Urfaust: Nothing I haven't heard before, the best track in my eyes.

Svartidauði - Flesh Cathedral: This was a fairly long track too, but it meshed incredibly well with the mixtures of sounds. Suited the atmosphere to a T.

Темнозорь - Horizons...: I liked it. Wasn't really paying attention to it.
Last edited by severed-metal at Oct 23, 2013,
I've got up to the Industrial Genocide Organ track, had to stop for a break there. But I really liked that track.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Cheers for the feedback, severed! The accent for this one was definitely on the overall atmosphere, and looks like it generally came across - but fair call on some of the tracks. As for the last one, I wasn't sure whether to put it in at all, but it provided a nice "new beginning/rebirth" sort of vibe, after the "events" of the rest of the songs have transpired.

Quote by ChemicalFire
I've got up to the Industrial Genocide Organ track, had to stop for a break there. But I really liked that track.

no worries! yeah I'm quite partial to that track myself, and GO in general. Let me know what you think of the rest, quite curious

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Excellent playlist. Dark, haunting, fatalistic, and also bittersweet in a way. There are a few of these on here I will definitely be checking out more.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Eh, I'm totally dicking around this one. Will listen to tomorrow for sure and leave my feedback so to speak.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Quote by Kytokinesis
Excellent playlist. Dark, haunting, fatalistic, and also bittersweet in a way. There are a few of these on here I will definitely be checking out more.

thanks mate! glad the atmosphere came across as intended

on another note, since it's the end of the week and all, thanks for listening, lads.

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Enjoyed every second of this one. I love the whole theme and it certainly felt the part.

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Well I wasn't aware someone moved me up a slot... so why not go ahead and put me down the list a slot or two. I haven't had the time lately.

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal

All good mate; would you be happy to go after Neil (so Dec 16), or would you rather do it in a couple of weeks?

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Yeah that will be fine. I really haven't had the time to make a list lately. Thanks

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

Quote by rg_metal
Yeah that will be fine. I really haven't had the time to make a list lately. Thanks

Yeah no problems! It's a busy time, everyone seems to have a ton of stuff going on.

Alright, schedule updated:

November 4: Helloween4Ever
November 11: Kytokinesis
November 18: ChemicalFire
November 25: severed-metal
December 2: Kepulix
December 9: AnnihiSlateR
December 16: rg_metal

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Last edited by Emenius Sleepus at Nov 5, 2013,
Sorry, had an essay worth 30% of my mark due today. Uploading tracks right now.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Quote by Helloween4Ever
Sorry, had an essay worth 30% of my mark due today. Uploading tracks right now.

no probs! I have two exams in the next two days, so I know the feeling :P looking forward to hearing it mate!

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Branikald, not what I was expecting when I saw mention of them, but I know you'd mentioned your fondness for this track before, so not unsurprising.

Diocletian, I quite like this. Especially the murkyness of the production. Might be one to look into methinks.

Genocide Organ now, and it follows on nicely from the last track. Not much to say other than it works with the mix.

Portal, I was going to say it sounds like Portal but not a track I know (as I was browsing another tab as it changed. Again, great continuity.

Vassafor, I'm digging this one a lot, again the atmosphere is there, and nice mix of styles that comes together nicely. Definately be looking this one up.

Atrium Carceri - again, nice moody pice, fits well.

Urfaust, a name I've always intended on trying, but have never gotten round to. Not quite what I was expecting. And at first it felt a bit light, but then that disorientating dissonance comes in part way, and it works. Perhaps goes on a bit too long for my liking.

Svartidauði, another band I've been meaning to check out. This is good. I think I'll have to check this one out too.

Темнозорь, can't beat a bit o' Темнозорь. Nice pick, works well. Especially given the aesthetic connotations of the artwork and how I imagine when I hear it, comapred to what your trying to convey here. But there is a certain calm after the storm quality to it at the back of this mix.

Excellent mix, flows well, some new discoveries, and two tracks I knew bookending it was nice for me. I fear after this, and a solid mix this week I have better get my thinking cap on as I have my work cut out.
it was a little tricky picking just a couple of tracks from Diocletian/Vassafor etc; if you're interested in those, give Witchrist and Heresiarch a spin as well. All from New Zealand, - and the sound may feel similar, but they all have a slightly different take on it, as well as different atmosphere and slightly different themes.

Thanks all for the feedback and for listening!

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM