My guitar is a standard JP6. I'm really confused as to what I did to make this happen?

The first time I had strung every string up and was simply tuning, then when I got to tuning the high E it just broke at the end of it (where the ball tip thing is). I then got another E string out from another pack of D'addarios I have and the same thing happened right after I locked it in and began winding it up.

Is there something wrong with the guitar or am I an idiot? I just want to know what I'm doing wrong before I waste another string. Really bummed about this...

Thanks in advance, guys.
West Ham United
There may be a burr in the bridge, maybe?
Might want to get it set up.
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

check the bridge and nut for and dents or burrs . Make sure the pickups are not too high up and close to the strings.
Are you tuning to E but up a couple of octaves? This would make the string too taut and could cause it to snap.
If you have never checked out the Wood Brothers. Do yourself a favor and look them up. Best. Band. Ever.

Quote by randomguy2000
There may be a burr in the bridge, maybe?
Might want to get it set up.

This.
Take it to the shop. If they only need to do a quick file job, they may not even charge you for the work if you get some strings or something.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Stretch the string first always. Also don't wind it up too fast and make sure you leave a good amount of slack before you start winding.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬