Poll: Lyric Videos. Love or Hate them?
Poll Options
View poll results: Lyric Videos. Love or Hate them?
Love
15 54%
Hate
13 46%
Voters: 28.
I've noticed that there has been a huge swarm on youtube of 'Lyric Videos' by bands instead of the usual music videos we have been seeing for years. With such a style of video having potentially low production costs and lower levels of skill requirement, it's no wonder even the underground scene is taking the new hype by storm.

Do you love or hate lyric videos?

Link ones you find exceptionally good/bad!

Example thanks to Angusfan16:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwBdKC4EwSs#t=75
Last edited by karstaag666 at Oct 22, 2013,
Some are good

Some are shit

Just like everything else
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
Yeah this shits pretty cutting edge man, you should check out this guy Robert Dylan, he's totally pushing boundries with his latest music video, you should check it out, it's all the rage right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY4HtQ-XJQE
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
Quote by EqualOfHeaven
Yeah this shits pretty cutting edge man, you should check out this guy Robert Dylan, he's totally pushing boundries with his latest music video, you should check it out, it's all the rage right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY4HtQ-XJQE

Hey I didn't say the idea was new.. Just that there has been a sudden surge in these types of videos. Mainly from an animation angle rather than filmed footage.
^ That album is sick. Been listening to it since the release. It's like a trip to space. LOL
Most of the time, music videos ruin songs for me. Everyone looks pretentious and unfitting. Lyric videos might be a little better but i've only seen fan-made lyric videos like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORsFFjt1x6Q
Quote by Dave Mustaine
If you want to be treated intelligently, act intelligent.

Last edited by rolandroi at Oct 22, 2013,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqIsc8ooXug

It's fun to sing along to songs sometimes.
Not necessarily that song, but pop-rock ballads/anthems and the like.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Fan made ones are fine but it seems so weird when a band does that.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Fan made ones are fine but it seems so weird when a band does that.

this is how i feel too. but i don't mind them, i'm just happy i get to listen to a song. it's usually only done with the singles before an album drops, from what i've seen.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
the fact that they'll lose any stupid sound effects or dialogue from a potential music video is alright by me
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
it's usually only done with the singles before an album drops, from what i've seen.

I think it's so the band can get the song on YouTube in an official way before they make the actual video.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Quote by captainsnazz
It would be cool if it was about creative typography as an art form (which it sometimes is), but since most people mostly don't enjoy them for that, I don't really see the point.

Good animated typography would be awesome.

I think Alice in Chains song Stone had a lyric video?

Personally I really don't mind. A lot of music videos made a really cheesy and same techniques used over and over. I'd probably go down the Paul Westerburg route
I like them when they don't suck.

Kind of like basically everything else.

Also, why is there no 'Indifferent' option?
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
I enjoy them just because they are a lot harder to screw up than a music video, which is what tends to be the case with most of the bands I like.
I like them when the lyrics are right and they don't use that standard blue background with white font movie maker crap.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
Quote by KerNeL_KLuTcH
I like them when the lyrics are right and they don't use that standard blue background with white font movie maker crap.

You forgot to mention that they were all made in 2007-2008, used comic sans, were in 240p and used the same transitions over and over