Greetings,
i just got myself an Ibanez RG450DX (it has a HSH configuration), and i want to upgrade the pickups,
here is my selection so far:

Bridge: Dactivator (for rythms, chug chug metal like and some leads)
Middle: Area 58 (For my cleans ONLY, positions 2,3 & 4, some slow chorus and the like)
Neck: Air Norton (For leads ONLY, i want a pickup that does not sound muddy and sounds great when sweep picking)

Bridge and Neck for metal and anything with distortion (nothing with scooped mids)
but i really need the middle pickup to be SUPER clean....

any other suggestions? opinions?
sorry for my bad english...
paf pro might be better for the neck- the air norton is a bit warmer, the paf pro maybe slightly clearer and "shreddier". But there's not much in it.

haven't tried the d-activator

and yeah for the middle if you want cleans etc. you'll want a low output vintage-style single coil. I haven't tried the 58 but i'm guessing it'd work.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?